Re: WEF (aka The Davos Billionaire's Private Club)

josi wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:55 pm Depends on who you refer to as "mankind":
The benefiting mankind was a joke, yes extreme poverty has decreased but nothing to do with the WEF who concentrate most of their efforts affecting the political climate of first world countries.

'Economic growth in China and India significantly outpaced Sub-Saharan Africa despite far less per person aid. That economic growth coincided with policies of economic liberalization. People in poor countries are not passive victims awaiting rescue. They possess agency and are lifting themselves out of poverty wherever they have the freedom to do so.' humanprogress.org
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post (total 2):
josi, Jedidiah

ionone wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 4:35 pm I agree I think in rich countries poor are far less poor than some "rich" in 3rd world countries
I think rich people drag the poor upwards in their wealth
"I think":
personal prejudices (i. e. opinions) tend to bias every perception (see research on bias by kahneman ea)
read the books by piketty ea, instead
money & time well spent (but that is simply my bias)
[avoid to confuse causation and correlation]
[and as the threads on covid and the Ukrainian war have amply shown: don't confuse individual cases and Gaussian distribution]

ionone wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 4:35 pm I agree I think in rich countries poor are far less poor than some "rich" in 3rd world countries

I think rich people drag the poor upwards in their wealth
Many people don't realise that the spending power of working class Americans was at it's highest in the mid 1970s, not now.

In the mid 70s a single working class wage would afford a mortgage, a private pension, and 4 or 5 kids. Today a single working class wage will only afford you 1 of those 3 things. Families today are struggling on 2 incomes let alone 1.

And yet people today work just as hard so where has that wealth gone? It's being soaked up by the increasing greed of the 1%. The capitalism that creates the wealth is being replaced with crony capitalism were the wealth is being hoarded by the elite few just as the top graph shows.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post (total 2):
josi, charli

WEF accelerate the 2030 agenda because people are starting to wise up and see the threat.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/worldecono ... 28d8b41735

Meanwhile, with a coming food shortage being well reported the UK govt is offering farmers a lump sum to give up farming, the Oz Vic premier is banning people growing their own food and the the US food processing plants are mysteriously burning down.
(Apex World News @apexworldnews 5d''VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA: Premier Dan Andrews is passing a bill that prohibits people from growing their own food.'')
Attachments

''On May 22 Trudeau, Biden and other leaders of western countries are planning to sign a treaty with the W.H.O. handing our sovereignty over to them - they will decide what a pandemic is and what treatments will be used - all control stripped away from the individual countries.''

The WEF (via the WHO) are making a power play to seize sovereignty from individual nations under the excuse of a pandemic.

Don't forget the WHO (largest donor Bill Gates) dropped their own pandemic protocol in favour of the Chinese lockdowns and mask directives both of which have been proved to have caused more harm and completely failed in their objectives.