Re: MT4 prices error

chris006 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:21 pm Have you ever seen this in MT4? (look carefully at the prices)

DO you know how to deal with such an error? How to fix it?
Hi, your marketwatch data comes from your broker's feed. Look at File > Open an account and rescan your trading servers.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
chris006

chris006 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:03 pm FxPro
Never had this issue before with IC Markets or FBS which are the two brokers I use. Have you tried a different broker? I guarantee the problem will be fixed.

FxPro is garbage! Their spreads are whack and the execution speeds are the worst I've come across so far. Lag city :thumbdown:
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post:
chris006
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

First time this is happening in over 3 years with this account.

Looked at another PC at which the same MT4 account is used, does not have this problem - prices are OK. So, it must be a local problem in the assignment of prices vs symbols.

Anybody knows if there is some kind of cache in MT4 that i could clear?

IdeaRe: MT4 prices error

chris006 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:54 pm Anybody knows if there is some kind of cache in MT4 that i could clear?
Try this:

1. Delete everything in C:\Program Files\Metatrader4\history
  2. If that doesn't help, completely uninstall MT4 and manually delete any leftover folders. Make sure you keep a copy of your Indicators and Templates. Then install MT4 from scratch.
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post:
chris006
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

QuestionRe: MT4 prices error

chris006 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:54 pm Anybody knows if there is some kind of cache in MT4 that i could clear?
Did you manage to solve this issue Chris?
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Thanks for the interest Jimmy.

Tried to empty the history folder as Chu-Chu suggested. Didn't work. Same problem persisted.

I wouldn't like to uninstall and reinstall as I have some mql5 indicators and doing that would mean losing a licence. Thinking of copying over the subfolders from another working installation but I suppose it will not be that simple.

Jimmy wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:01 am Did you manage to solve this issue Chris?