Re: Indicator requests and ideas

FBI wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:35 pm
Hi all, great forum.

This Corrected SMA has some issues, it would be nice if some coder could take a look at it, and maybe even fix it.
Maybe this indicator has some potential.

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1455

Yes, it has some issues. I can see it only on M1 and here the whole effort is useless and is just a crutch, anyway.
Theory
... For this purpose it would be natural to use bars not with time division, but simply with a fixed number of ticks, i. e. a bar contains not 60 minutes but for example 1000 ticks.
There are tick charts available now in 2018. Here is an offline chart tool from mladen. Depending on the pair a 1,000 ticks bar should be equal to tf M5 - M10 @London Session.

Tickchart bars.png
Attachments
Tick Data v1.09.ex4
(10.56 KiB) Downloaded 168 times

mrtools wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Deez wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:55 pm
Hi MrTools..could you please find the time to add arrows on zero cross as well a arrow on last to this indicator(it already has alerts).

Thank you.
Will try to get to it sometime tomorrow.
Thank you MRTools and could you please check the alerts(its not firing when the zero line is crossed for some reason).

Thanks again for your time.

FBI wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:29 pm
Issues are with refreshing and filling log. It works fine with Autorefresh.mq4 and have to clean log sometimes.
But I would not call that useless.
EURUSD M1 100 and 30 000 ticks next post.
Call it what you want to. You don't need to use a crutch these days anymore. Both kinds of charts work absolutely fine with TL, chart patterns and indicators. On the other side, without a proper system identification you only have an inaccurate approximation of the values with the crutch. In short, it makes no sense to use it, especially in tfs under M30 and over H4.