Re: CCI indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:20 am I tried the corrected cci and I got more of a stepped look, not close to the same.
Dear Mr. Tools,
where can I download the CCI of this peculiar version of sw?
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

mrtools wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 4:44 am No idea, the picture was posted at FF I thought maybe it was a corrected cci, so made one and it definitely wasn't that.
For me this looks like some stepma cci....but only the Mladen probably know....
EDIT: but it is definitely something else, a new calculation....than stepma
Attachments

mrtools wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 4:44 am No idea, the picture was posted at FF I thought maybe it was a corrected cci, so made one and it definitely wasn't that.
VHF (Vertical Horizontal Filter) CCI with Steps and MA Filters

Made this step version not sure how close it is but seems similar. This one is an older step ma code and the cci has price and or final value smoothing averages. Also has an option to make it vhf adaptive.

What is the VHF?

VHF measures the level of trend activity and is similar to the ADX.

VHF calculates the highest close, minus the lowest close, then divides that by the sum of the absolute value of the difference between the highest and lowest over a specific time period chosen by the user.

As a standalone indicator, the VHF signals:

• Trending markets when the Vertical Horizontal Filter is rising.
  • Ranging markets when the Vertical Horizontal Filter falls

When VHF is added it creates an additional filter to determine trends and ranges with only a very minimal amount of lag.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 8):
kvak, 太虚一毫, RodrigoRT7, vvFish, Krunal Gajjar, Jimmy, iPar, Akela

TransparentTrader wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:36 am Obviously Mntiwana would be the best person to ask about this, but on ForexFactory he's very insistent about never releasing the code to the public. Not even an ex4 file for other people to test.

Maybe he intends to release it as his own paid indicator? Or keep it private for his own use forever? Who knows.....
Doesn't Mladen do all of Mntiwana's codes? I don't think he codes himself