Re: Suggestions for building a trading system

Most indicators are based on price. A trading system should be built using 3 indicators (at least 3 indicators, in fact, at most 3 indicators).

Therefore, some excellent indicators that are not price-based are needed.

According to Mladen Rakic Master below, Smoothed Repulse belongs to this type of excellent indicator:

The Repulse indicator measures and displays the bullish or bearish pressure associated with each price candlestick in the form of a curve.

It is more relevant when compared to price and offers valuable additional information on the feeling and confidence that traders have about the markets.
These users thanked the author 太虚一毫 for the post:
Chickenspicy

Re: Suggestions for building a trading system

太虚一毫 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:52 am I don't understand what you mean. If you are looking for Symbol changer, here are some:
To switch symbols with a hotkey means to press a key on the keyboard (Left Arrow switches to previous symbol in market watch, Right Arrow switches to next symbol in market watch),

This is already built into MT4 with CTRL TAB, however you need to have multiple chart windows open. This is bad because:

Managing each of these chart windows becomes harder the more you have open. With a symbol changer, you only need to manage one chart window and the changes you made take effect when you switch to a new symbol.

If I tried to do this with multiple chart windows, I would have to close all of the chart windows that I currently have open, make changes to the last remaining chart window, save the template as default, then re-open all of the chart windows by right clicking in market watch.

So, if you are the type of person who constantly tweaks their default template, then having a symbol changer reduces TONS of work.

This behavior is already built into Trading View. The indicators you load on one symbol automatically load when you switch to the next one in Market Watch with up or down arrow. I don't understand why MT4 hasn't included this feature.

Also, there is a small advantage in terms of memory usage. One chart window using a symbol changer and 3 indicators uses 25 MB of memory on my Windows 11 machine. This doubles to 50 MB when having 12 currency pairs loaded as chart windows.

I am currently using Symbol Changer Profit Display v5.1 and it's pretty good but lacks a hotkey switching feature. There are numerous good symbol changers on the Marketplace but the good ones are paid.

If I don't find a free one soon then I will have to pay for one.