Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

1337br wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:01 am Thank you for your explanation, it was easy to understand,
doubt :

1) when the square with the big arrow appears, should we enter the next small ball? or wait for the bigger ball to appear, as in your previous explanation?

I put an example that doesn't have big balls just small balls with a photo here, in this case should we enter the small balls or feathers enter when we have the big ball?
Your entrys in your screenshot are good.

Keep it simple !
These users thanked the author LittleCaro for the post (total 3):
maroka, 1337br, Mundu19

Should we pay attention in this daily variation?
Or should we be more interested in the symbol that has the highest ADR/spread factor?
(The highest the factor, the 'cheaper' the symbol is to trade)

DTRCT wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:27 pm "The following table represents the daily variation of the currency measured in pips, dollars, and percentages, with a contract size of $100,000.
These users thanked the author chris006 for the post:
DTRCT

chris006 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:35 am Should we pay attention in this daily variation?
Or should we be more interested in the symbol that has the highest ADR/spread factor?
(The highest the factor, the 'cheaper' the symbol is to trade)
Yes, as per my research, daily variation helps to find trending pairs,

rather than having a pair with higher ADR but ranging. The rule of thumb is to trade trending pairs and avoid ranging pairs at all costs.

I suggest using this indicator, CMSMIndV24.01, to find trending pairs as addition to daily percentage change.
These users thanked the author DTRCT for the post (total 3):
chris006, eduarescobar, xard777

Today's trading was very messy. I was -7% down within the first hour.

Too eager to get in. Once things settled down, I ended up 7.29% on AUS200. I was just telling a friend how I feel too stretched at the moment by using a few templates and trying to take some screenshots to post entries on the thread, so I am only trading AUS200 on my real accounts.

Micro-demo of HK50 today ($100). This is an excellent example of taking a small bite out of the total move.

These users thanked the author Musashi for the post:
xard777
Don't settle with hitting your Goal - Aim to Smash It!!! - XARD777

Thanks for the indi. I am not quite sure I understand it's logic though, is it supposed to indicate which pairs are trending NOW?

It could be very useful if there was something similar for indices and commodities..Does anybody know of an indicator that caters for other symbols in addition to currencies?

My point is that higher daily variation by itself is not particularly useful. If the spread you have to pay on a pair with a high daily variation is very high, I believe one would be better off using the ADR/spread factor.

DTRCT wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:43 pm Yes, as per my research, daily variation helps to find trending pairs,

rather than having a pair with higher ADR but ranging. The rule of thumb is to trade trending pairs and avoid ranging pairs at all costs.

I suggest using this indicator, CMSMIndV24.01, to find trending pairs as addition to daily percentage change.