Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

FXSurf wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:10 am V10 Can be found here: viewtopic.php?t=8416709&p=1295402906#p1295402906

I’ve trimmed it down a bit for my intraday strategy.

XARD made a very specific statement regarding what to do as mentioned here: viewtopic.php?f=578267&t=8416709&start=1380

He states the following gem:

“XARD: I like to WAIT for the Opening Bell on the DOW then go with the BIAS.

Today the BIAS on the 5 min DOW was UP off the Interim large Green Semafor (which was the 30 min white dot Pullback)

The Orange Box clearly showed the Bottom Green dot on the 5min with a nice cross giving traders +150 Pip$ easy.

Watch for the Orchid Semafor Top on the 5 min and we will have a very nice DOWN move as the MAIN Trend continues.”
FX
what size and type of renko are you using??
thanks
PS: I see you use a brick 400, what renko do you use?

LittleCaro wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:15 pm Hello Hydra,

Here is a commented screenshot, you should fovus on the second point, this is the key of this system.

Keep it ultra simple.

It's the version 53, i deleted some indicators.
Thank you very much for this, I am still learning this system but i was finding it hard to know when to enter since there are many rules, trading off the zig zag, the HTF dots, below open line. i will try and test your method as your illustration

sorry but i have one more question, what is your take profit and exit strategy, do you prefer setting stop loss and take profit levels or holding the trade till candle color change or exit when the ZZ line appears.

Thank you again for your input i really appreciate your help
These users thanked the author Hydra for the post:
satyafx

"The following table represents the daily variation of the currency measured in pips, dollars, and percentages, with a contract size of $100,000.

You need to define the period to calculate the average volatility. I have used 15 since this week is Week 15: April 9 to April 15, 2023. It could be interesting to trade the pairs that offer the best volatility. Below is a list of the most volatile pairs to the least volatile, based on two criteria:
1. Percentage change, =
and 2. Pips." =

Code: Select all

USE CALCULATOR FROM THIS LINK
https://www.mataf.net/en/forex/tools/volatility
=
Woodyz wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:49 pm Can anyone give us an updated list
These users thanked the author DTRCT for the post (total 3):
Woodyz, xard777, boytoy

Woodyz wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:49 pm Can anyone give us an updated list
viewtopic.php?p=1295484188#p1295484188
Attachments
These users thanked the author Mrs.Watanabe for the post (total 3):
Woodyz, xard777, boytoy
At the back of a road in common use is another road in the mountain of flowers; you may take either way but be in time still in bloom.(Rikyu SEN)
人の行く裏に道あり花の山
いずれを行くも散らぬ間に行け (利休百首外から)

Hydra wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:06 am Thank you very much for this, I am still learning this system but i was finding it hard to know when to enter since there are many rules, trading off the zig zag, the HTF dots, below open line. i will try and test your method as your illustration

sorry but i have one more question, what is your take profit and exit strategy, do you prefer setting stop loss and take profit levels or holding the trade till candle color change or exit when the ZZ line appears.

Thank you again for your input i really appreciate your help
Hello Hydra,

For the take profit i wait a candle color change.

For the stop loss, i set it at the previous low or previous high.
These users thanked the author LittleCaro for the post (total 4):
1337br, Hydra, QueenEvelyn, mirfai

LittleCaro wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:15 pm Hello Hydra,

Here is a commented screenshot, you should fovus on the second point, this is the key of this system.

Keep it ultra simple.

It's the version 53, i deleted some indicators.
Thank you for your explanation, it was easy to understand,
doubt :

1) when the square with the big arrow appears, should we enter the next small ball? or wait for the bigger ball to appear, as in your previous explanation?

I put an example that doesn't have big balls just small balls with a photo here, in this case should we enter the small balls or feathers enter when we have the big ball?
Attachments