Forex trading

After a year of learning and growth

I'm still that
30 seconds man

It's pretty good to be able to do it 90% of the time. :lmao:
Attachments
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post:
Lightningstorm7
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

Re: Jedidiah's Holy Grail: Day Trading, The Trend Is Your Friend Trading System

I spent 10,000 yen to buy a small Japanese FX course.
value for money
Attachments
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

You can see in this 1min chart of US2000 that Price is Below the Daily Open Line. The SHORT text & Arrow Dot represents a Golden Nugget DOWN move.
Now that Directional BIAS has been made we can concentrate on multiple SELL Entries within the UK session and the start of the US session.
Once we understand this movement then we start to see consistent profitable trades day in day out.
Xard777
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 8):
Jedidiah, BeatlemaniaSA, LittleCaro, Knight, Skyold, Chickenspicy, eduarescobar, RodrigoRT7
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

Hello, I've try the custom candle indicator and I need to agree than I 'm really a big fan.
I've just notice that the H4 candle is not the same than my H4 graph candle.
So when watch it, the price action has nothing to see.
How to make them match the h4 market candles?

expect to be understood... sorry for my english

Thanks

edit: watch the code and change with + 1 hr and all is ok .

thanks

RodrigoRT7

xard system is an excellent trading system
Personally, I think trading patterns are too subjective.
That's why there are so many repainted parts
Trade with personal subjective bias.
This is not my style.
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post (total 3):
Chickenspicy, RodrigoRT7, Knight

Jedidiah wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:45 am xard system is an excellent trading system
Personally, I think trading patterns are too subjective.
That's why there are so many repainted parts
Trade with personal subjective bias.
This is not my style.
Market movement is dynamic. Non-repaint will not guarantee millions or profit. The best thing is to understand market structure and flow.

As long as we're on the retail end we'll never know exactly what's going to happen or the move to make. Find your edge and stick to it.

Personally I find continuations the easiest thing to trade. If you can use the boxes and semaphore to visualize higher time-frame swing points, and use that as Directional bias..

Then use your open lines, previous open, high, low of a high Timeframe as an area of interest..

Then a fast nrp entry trigger that you only take at high probability area of interest in the confirmed direction,

You must be profitable if you manage your risk. A 50% winrate and a 1:2 risk to reward is more than enough to be profitable.

Risking 1% per trade puts you up 5% after 10 trades even if you lose half of that. Then simply follow strict rules, trade only valid setups and let the numbers play out without seeking ultra perfection.

An idea though that I've been toying with to help increase that winrate would be to maybe find a system that puts you in a trending market where you're most likely to find your continuation setups.

All strategies have their strengths and weaknesses, when you fully understand what a strategy is meant to do and should achieve, you find the best market for your strategy to excel.. then simply rinse and repeat.

Learnt this from

Darwinex
RplusT
Meyney
Xard
Josi
Honje😄

So far, to reduce system hopping and hunting. These things are important.

1. Find a suitable edge.. (which is simply the chances of one thing happening over another thing)
2. Let the edge be repeatable and profitable. (40% winrate and above, 1:2 risk to reward and above)
3. Rule based approach
4. Enough backtest data with sample size of 25 to 50 trades (in my humble opinion) more is better obviously but you can make something good with this.
5. What is the winrate after backtest and forward test strictly following rules.
6. What is the max. No. Of consecutive losses (this is the most important thing to me. I believe you should plan your risk management based on this as the worst cas scenario. Knowing this and planning ahead would help your psychology in losing streaks and know when to actually tweak your strategy and when it's losses are normal)

You could also investigate the market conditions around this time and see if maybe its the worst market conditions for your strategy and make a plan on how to identify it early and avoid trading when you see such conditions till the market comes back around.

7. What is the max. No. Of consecutive wins. I believe you should use this data to find out the best market conditions for your strategy, the markers for this and how to identify this, then plan to only trade in such conditions or increase your risk here as it's where your edge truly shines.

This from my study and research so far is The Template for a Holy Grail.
These users thanked the author Knight for the post:
RodrigoRT7

Knight wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:27 am 😄
I am not saying that the xard system is bad, on the contrary, it proves that the xard system is excellent in many aspects. Many elements from xard have been added to my system. It's just that my own trading style doesn't like repaints.

My trading system focuses on finding trend breakouts, continuations and ends
I don't care how much profit,
all i need to do is
Do your best to avoid losses due to range markets.

Range markets can only be avoided by keeping an eye on price volatility.

I can't guarantee that what I say is correct.
Still learning and optimizing.

But not redrawing this point is the key to making profitable trades.
This is why none of the best indicators on forex are repainting.

Market structure, price action is what matters.
I'm still trying to figure out how to optimize it.
At present, we can only go step by step.
can't be greedy
Knight

Jedidiah wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:49 am I am not saying that the xard system is bad, on the contrary, it proves that the xard system is excellent in many aspects. Many elements from xard have been added to my system. It's just that my own trading style doesn't like repaints.

My trading system focuses on finding trend breakouts, continuations and ends
I don't care how much profit,
all i need to do is
Do your best to avoid losses due to range markets.
I love your TDI and how you use them. It's one of the best entry confirmations I've seen