Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:28 am I'm currently working on an exit strategy to use when trading XU v53. For now, I'm optimizing the channel lines to use as potential exit targets on the 15-minute timeframe.

My goal is to trade on the 15-minute timeframe and enter trades based on the intra-day bias (Green Zigzag) when the price crosses the T1MA line during the UK/US sessions. I plan to hold trades until the new optimized channel line is reached for maximum profit and a new intra-day Green line is drawn (or a small Dot is drawn at the channel indicating further movement after correction). However, I've observed that the zigzag line and matching dot may appear early, while the channel line tends to appear later (and can even push further), so I think it may be wise to wait for all three indicators to be in sync before considering exiting the trade. Even if I don't go with the push further, I will at least have taken a good chunk of meat off the bone (feasting without gouging).

To summarize, with the XU v53 setup, I aim to establish a daily entry trade and same-day exit trade (no carry trades) for optimal pip$ and repeat the format each day. This approach will create exponential growth each month through sustained daily trading.

Anyway, here's what the new chart setup looks like on the 15-minute timeframe. When I'm happy with the outcome, I will post an update for everyone to use. I will include all the settings used in the input menu in case you feel they need to be changed for other trading pairs.
Xard777
Away from the green line right? XARD: Yes
These users thanked the author normannasty for the post:
Jedidiah

Sorry Xard a trade whit the green zigzag bias the follow the cross and the 12.5 entry is already a valid setup ?
XARD: Why did I not think of that... oh Wait!
The 15min strategy discussed with XU v53 was for traders like sgarr who are having trouble with multiple timeframes/indicators decision making so I came out with a reduced timeline and reduced decision making process so they can feed for themselves. I say allow the process to play out on 15min chart over a month period.

I can drop down to 1min and take 30 trades per day and a lot of those trades you would say no, you can't do that and yet the Pip$ would be booked. That 5min trade that you took on my setup, I designed (check the thread). Not everyone can see the trees for the forest hence the 15min play off.

Xard777

Ok , i remember that this trade are designed by you ( great Man ) ;)
have you some news about the best possible exit ? Xard, have already sent out new versions for testing.
Attachments
These users thanked the author Giangyforex for the post (total 8):
Chickenspicy, TCT_bx, RollerAndTrading, FXSurf, Frankw, sgarr, maroka, Erebøs_X
When trading, stay calm and be your own best EA

Giangyforex wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:20 pm Sorry Xard a trade whit the green zigzag bias the follow the cross and the 12.5 entry is already a valid setup ?
XARD: Why did I not think of that... oh Wait!
The 15min strategy discussed with XU v53 was for traders like sgarr who are having trouble with multiple timeframes/indicators decision making so I came out with a reduced timeline and reduced decision making process so they can feed for themselves. I say allow the process to play out on 15min chart over a month period.

I can drop down to 1min and take 30 trades per day and a lot of those trades you would say no, you can't do that and yet the Pip$ would be booked. That 5min trade that you took on my setup, I designed (check the thread). Not everyone can see the trees for the forest hence the 15min play off.

Xard777

Ok , i remember that this trade are designed by you ( great Man ) ;)
have you some news about the best possible exit ? Xard, have already sent out new versions for testing.
did you buy even without waiting above open?
These users thanked the author sgarr for the post:
RollerAndTrading

15min Trading US2000 & GOLD was a no brainer today.
Gold gave it away with the down move and US2000 did not break the T1MA line (i.e. No Pink Candles). Also, Golden Nugget move off US2000... Who knew.
Instead, we saw a breakout UP off the Asian session along with the gold moving down.
Easy pickings on the 15min with no repaint off the 15min T1MA on both Gold and US2000.
Take the meat off the bone and book those Pip$.
Xard777

Keep your 15min Analysis Simple - ask yourself each day the following...
Is Price Trading Above or Below the Daily Open line?
Is Price Above or Below the T1MA line?
Is Price moving AWAY from the Green ZigZag line?

Ideally you want the above answers to be in sync before entering your trade.
However, at times you might get in on your trade as price crosses the T1MA line with an additional trade as Price breaks the Asian session.

Another thing to keep in mind.
If you look at the Trend coming off the Arrow Dots you will see as Price moves away from the Arrow Dot and crosses the T1MA line it will continue all the way to the channel line. Note, Price reversing back towards the Arrow Dot tends NOT to hit the channel line.
Attachments
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

xard777 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:02 am 15min Trading US2000 & GOLD was a no brainer today.
Gold gave it away with the down move and US2000 did not break the T1MA line (i.e. No Pink Candles). Also, Golden Nugget move off US2000... Who knew.
Instead, we saw a breakout UP off the Asian session along with the gold moving down.
Easy pickings on the 15min with no repaint off the 15min T1MA on both Gold and US2000.
Xard777

Keep your 15min Analysis Simple - ask yourself each day the following...
Is Price Trading Above or Below the Daily Open line?
Is Price Above or Below the T1MA line?
Is Price moving AWAY from the Green ZigZag line?

Ideally you want the above answers to be in sync before entering your trade.
However, at times you might get in on your trade as price crosses the T1MA line with an additional trade as Price breaks the Asian session.

Another thing to keep in mind.
If you look at the Trend coming off the Arrow Dots you will see as Price moves away from the Arrow Dot and crosses the T1MA line it will continue all the way to the channel line. Note, Price reversing back towards the Arrow Dot tends NOT to hit the channel line.
Xard ,dropped everything I studied during these years, and decided to dedicate myself exactly to your system, I am following your indications and operating only 1 pair us30, I also increased the time chart to 15 minutes,
that is, all your recommendations I'm following to the letter

now tell me something, is it necessary to follow the white line? look at other graphic times?
or just follow the green zig zag when the candle changes color and closes now can i enter?
how to exit an operation?
thanks

XARD: That's a good question, the thing is we are trading intra-day so a 30yr or 90yr time cycle is going to be of no use on an intra-day trade lasting 1 to 3 hrs and whose cycle changes every 1 to 3 days. The 15min TF is used to reduce repainting in the market. The White Zigzag can put a spanner in the works as it can last several months and the Range moves can be enormous (great from an investor's point of view, but we are intra-day traders, not investors), so that leaves us with the Green Zigzag to use as our Intra-day BIAS. Some point on our roadmap that we can use as a tether to hold our view of the market and use as a fixed point for each new intra-day trading scenario. The Green Zigzag changes every 1 to 3 days and so will our view on our intra-day analysis with it. So to summarize: Trade off the Green Zigzag and wait for the cross of the T1MA line and make sure we are in sync with the daily open line. If we are trading away from the Green Zigzag line and after the cross of the T1MA line then we should be able to hold our trade until Price hits the Channel line. Close, rinse, and repeat.
These users thanked the author 1337br for the post (total 9):
Erebøs_X, Mundu19, DaveTrader, me100rabh, Logan.Dale, Flandria2, Jedidiah, satyafx, RodrigoRT7

xard777 wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:02 am 15min Trading US2000 & GOLD was a no brainer today.
Xard777
Do you trade Forex too using this system?
Xard: I only trade Indices and Commodities, but there is no reason why you can't trade Forex with the setup