Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

sgarr wrote: I understand this is not the right section, but I prefer to ask here, Have you upgraded to windows 11 anyone? find improvements on older PCs, or it's better to leave windows 10, sorry if I took the liberty of writing something different from trading, but I trust this 3D
I use windows 11 and to me, is good! i don´t know about older PCs but i recommend.
sgarr wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:29 pm what xard version are you using in the graph thanks
On the imagens, right corner down you see the versions, V44 and V46 =)
on V44 i use tringles actives of last V39
These users thanked the author RollerAndTrading for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, sgarr

DownloadRe: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

So yesterday i start doing my backtest of US30 focused to learn how to trade using XARD System.

Below you will see some images about my configuration on Simulator and my entries .

I started with $1000 account and without spread, so if you using a broker with spread account, take this in consideration.
I recommend all to get a new chart and one chart with you favorite version, open indicator list, take a screenshot and in new chart put indicator by indicator, and see what's printed on chart and play with this, like do you do with Lego, mount many parts at look simple, to you eyes see the patters and behaviors of price.

I started simulation on 01/01/2023 - And the first 8 days the market only move on Consolidation, so this days i just look the price action and the indicators behaviors with action of price. I recommend all to take a look on this days because you know where the price will do a reversal, it is a good way to understand the moves.

To start do the backtest, i don't take care with hour or session, my only concern is take entry following the price action and signals.
Do this for one or two weeks in the simulation: put 1 hour and 15 minutes chart on grid and put the speed in ¨Real-time mode¨ but with X150 or X300 Speed, just look and take a mental order, like (I BUY HERE, IM OUT HERE, MY STOPLOSS IS HERE) don´t worry if you are in Tokio Session or in NY Close, just look the behavior and take your mental entry and note why do you take this entry.

After that, read and revise all your notes, clarify and simplify the information and now go forward and start a new day in your simulation, but now you will take entry´s with simulator to check if you are really understanding or if not.
if you do a one week of backtesting and you have good results (Positive account) now is the moment to you use AutoSessions extension to put your operative hours on chart in a range and you will look for entry´s just on this hour range, in my charts you will see like two verticals gray ranges on background in 15 Minutes Chart. in this moment do you need move chart hour by hour using next bar on simulator, just to see price behavior at start your Session, in my case is at 6AM UTC -5 or 13PM on MT4 NY CLOSE, my first range go at 09:25 UTC-5 / 16:25 MT4 because i don´t take trades in the NY OPEN 16:30 and my next range start 16:30 at 19:00 MT4, to me is 13PM and London Close and i have another range starting to take a look at the end of day.

Now, you will start you session, in this case, i recommend you to play bar by bar using 5M time frame, or reduce speed to X40 for example, this show to you 3 movements on one 15 minutes candles, it is possible use you space bar to stop and play simulator or follow bar by bar, best option or reduce speed more, to not see accidentally the move before happened and you drop on your own trap. When your session finish, play simulator again with more speed or using 1 hour bar by bar.

15 minutes don´t have a lot of noise like M1 or M5 charts so it´s good to clarify moves and entry´s, in the future when i´m more confident with my entry´s i will go down to M5 chart, but now less noise is better to me.
For now is this, i will start backtest Feb 2023 today, when i finished, i will do another post to show results, if you have anything to ask or to tell me please don´t hesitate!!

Be a profitable trader with XARD system is possible and we will be!!

After this my first entry is on 10/01/2023 and the last one on 31/01/2023 - All entry´s using 1 LOT and looking to a 10% to profit on any entry.

My entries rules:

If price in up trend, i wait the green dot on 15 min Chart and enter after price cross the MA and close first bar green, enter on the close or the pullback of second green bar.
For the reversal sell i need wait the second dot and price cross MA Again. so i enter on the first red bar close.
5% in profit = Breakeven ORDER
Break hard a new high/low =Breakeven ORDER
Close first Gray bar = OUT
10% or more in Profit and price with difficulty to follow trend = OUT

This is my configuration to simulator:
Edit .
My results it is this: .
1 Hour Chart with all entries. . .
15 Minutes Chart with entries: . . . .
My setup to do backtesting:
These users thanked the author RollerAndTrading for the post (total 5):
Chickenspicy, Jedidiah, eduarescobar, FiveS, RodrigoRT7

DownloadRe: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Hi Guys. Thanks for the good work. You really help us traders. I have a question about the !!!-MT4 X-XARDg-RSIOMA on the one-hour chart. On the one-hour charts, it acts as more of a stochastic rather than an rsioma. Is there any setting i have missed or is the indicator just like that? And if so can it be fixed so that On the 1 hour time frame it also acts as an rsioma? Kind regards Find image attached for comparison.
Attachments

spaceboy wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:11 am Hi Guys. Thanks for the good work. You really help us traders. I have a question about the !!!-MT4 X-XARDg-RSIOMA on the one-hour chart. On the one-hour charts, it acts as more of a stochastic rather than an rsioma. Is there any setting i have missed or is the indicator just like that? And if so can it be fixed so that On the 1 hour time frame it also acts as an rsioma? Kind regards Find image attached for comparison.
Why you not posted indicators itself with settings what you use?

spaceboy wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:11 am Hi Guys. Thanks for the good work. You really help us traders. I have a question about the !!!-MT4 X-XARDg-RSIOMA on the one-hour chart. On the one-hour charts, it acts as more of a stochastic rather than an rsioma. Is there any setting i have missed or is the indicator just like that? And if so can it be fixed so that On the 1 hour time frame it also acts as an rsioma? Kind regards Find image attached for comparison.
Different parameters used, different results :think:

MT4 X-XARDg-RSIOMA uses period 10
your RSIOMA uses period 14
At the back of a road in common use is another road in the mountain of flowers; you may take either way but be in time still in bloom.(Rikyu SEN)
人の行く裏に道あり花の山
いずれを行くも散らぬ間に行け (利休百首外から)

Hello everyone, i have a question

the cycles will change according to changes in price and we are instructed to trade these cycles
we are told to consider the main big semafor as our intra day bias but that semafor can go a further 100-200 points so at this point how should we trade because we would be missing on alot of trades or we should wait for the market to turn in the direction of the semafor?

since the top semafor is there we should be taking only sell trades but if the market is still in uptrend and continues going up we will be missing all the long trades so how to overcome this issue? should we just ignore and avoid taking long trades after the big main semafor has appeared? or is there a filter or a way to know if the market can continue in up? maybe confirm with rsi?

if someone can please shed some light on this because this is really confusing and i have missed out on a lot trades
Thank you very much for your help
Attachments
These users thanked the author Hydra for the post (total 3):
waal69, samxtrader, RollerAndTrading

Hydra wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:18 pm Hello everyone, i have a question

the cycles will change according to changes in price and we are instructed to trade these cycles
we are told to consider the main big semafor as our intra day bias but that semafor can go a further 100-200 points so at this point how should we trade because we would be missing on alot of trades or we should wait for the market to turn in the direction of the semafor?

since the top semafor is there we should be taking only sell trades but if the market is still in uptrend and continues going up we will be missing all the long trades so how to overcome this issue? should we just ignore and avoid taking long trades after the big main semafor has appeared? or is there a filter or a way to know if the market can continue in up? maybe confirm with rsi?

if someone can please shed some light on this because this is really confusing and i have missed out on a lot trades
Thank you very much for your help
My understanding would be when then big semafor appears, you keep taking the trades until a point where a certain 2nd dot fails to break the big semafor, that would be your losing trade, the market would retrace at that point , then you would take trades in the opposite direction , well this is what Ive been observing while backtesting on Soft4X.

This is my 2 cents, correct me if I’m wrong.
These users thanked the author samxtrader for the post (total 2):
RollerAndTrading, Hydra