Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

One that I know about is "symbol switch", a paid indi on the mql5 market.
If you do find something else that changes the symbol on multiple charts please do let me know. Interested as well for an alternative.
BabLeBaobab wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:49 pm Hello, always a "whaooo " effect. Love these set up and all you give 's changed my way of understanding the market. I'm always in the good way with it. Need to perfect my timing ...
And with my job, I'm not on the screen all day. I can't sometimes find a good entry but that's the game....

Could I ask something about the template. As we watch the market with multi time frame. Is it possible to add something to change all the screen at the same time. (ex: I have the dax on h1/M15/M5 + a M5 to take my position , I change to Dj and when I click the four screen are coming on the DJ) Sorry for my english but....

Beattle have share something like that in the past but it doesn't work.

Have a great day. Big thanks

Re: XARD (Beginners approach)

TraderX wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:34 am I don't use this system, so I can only speak about how I see price using my own price action ideas. Maybe it will help, or open some minds on how to pick better semafor levels. Or at least, this is how beginners should approach trading this system so they can ignore more 'false signals'.

• You look at your higher timeframe for directional bias / trade ideas. This is where the 'work' is done. You pick one, and imagine you are only trading that chart.

• The lower timeframe is where you execute that trade idea (waiting for the entry triggers discussed in this thread.)

For example, H4 in GBP/CHF this week was moving downwards. XARDs system also says down trend in H4. (In blue, I mark out possible retracement levels, called an "FVG".) Notice that the semafor stopped repainting around this level.

When price hits this level, look for your entry trigger in M5 or M15. You decide the timeframe based on your own back testing and studies.

Wait patiently. Ignore every other signal. Those are inducements to trick you in. No extra analysis, you already got the directional bias + level of interest from your higher timeframe.

If you think like this, you won't have to update the system ever again. You can even use the first system published many years ago.

You will skip years feeling depressed waiting for the next update or going through the thousands of posts on this forum looking at another indicator for "more confirmation." Within a month or two, you will be ahead of those who spent years trying to work this out.

Good luck.
Friend with your explanation I managed to identify several mistakes .... that I was committing

I was already missing the time to understand the upper chart time, I was just looking at the moment and the phrase sell only, and buy only, I wasn't looking at the trend in general (days ago) now I learned that I need to look at the whole screen and not just the moment

About marking the retraction so it is done entirely in the higher timeframe?
in this case, the lower chart time is just to have a smaller stop loss and a more accurate entry, correct?

your explanation helped a lot, I was thinking that it was just to look at a higher timeframe, and enter any semaphore signal on the lower timeframe that is in line with the larger trend.... now in my mind I will think of "region" of higher chart time retracement"

thanks a lot
These users thanked the author 1337br for the post (total 5):
saishala, TraderX, xard777, Erebøs_X, StuartWong

Re: XARD (Beginners approach)

TraderX wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:34 am I don't use this system, so I can only speak about how I see price using my own price action ideas. Maybe it will help, or open some minds on how to pick better semafor levels. Or at least, this is how beginners should approach trading this system so they can ignore more 'false signals'.

• You look at your higher timeframe for directional bias / trade ideas. This is where the 'work' is done. You pick one, and imagine you are only trading that chart.

• The lower timeframe is where you execute that trade idea (waiting for the entry triggers discussed in this thread.)

For example, H4 in GBP/CHF this week was moving downwards. XARDs system also says down trend in H4. (In blue, I mark out possible retracement levels, called an "FVG".) Notice that the semafor stopped repainting around this level.

When price hits this level, look for your entry trigger in M5 or M15. You decide the timeframe based on your own back testing and studies.

Wait patiently. Ignore every other signal. Those are inducements to trick you in. No extra analysis, you already got the directional bias + level of interest from your higher timeframe.

If you think like this, you won't have to update the system ever again. You can even use the first system published many years ago.

You will skip years feeling depressed waiting for the next update or going through the thousands of posts on this forum looking at another indicator for "more confirmation." Within a month or two, you will be ahead of those who spent years trying to work this out.

Good luck.
I had another idea that might help...

In these years that I've been fighting here I must have seen hundreds of indicators, and one of them is called advanced supply demand
this indicator marks important zones in time larger charts showing in the smallest

I created a clean template in m5, with only this indicator configured to mark important zones in m30....

so when I find a pair in the important zone of m30 , I open the chart system and enter it with all the confirmations... maybe I will avoid the mistake of marking it wrong...
the problem with this is that I will see several pairs when many say that I should focus on just us30
Attachments
These users thanked the author 1337br for the post (total 6):
xard777, Jedidiah, TraderX, Logan.Dale, dansmol, Erebøs_X

BabLeBaobab wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:45 pm
I Use this indicator to change Symbol and Sync on another charts.
. .
This sync Cursor on all Charts too, it is possible use on backtesting too. .
And the last one is to show all trades on you chart, so is possible check if you doing the right thing or not. .
. . .
I will do backtesting on Simulator today all day, so if you looking to try something now is the moment to leave your message.
I speak Portuguese and Spanish fluent but don´t be live on my English to explain live, but we can try with chat.
It is my setup to do backtesting in the moment with US30
These users thanked the author RollerAndTrading for the post:
BabLeBaobab

xard777 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:03 am Here is 15min GBPCHF for your perusal...
Xard777
Hey Xard777!
i´m very grateful to you and your system, you get something, improve, test and share with all us, you are amazing!! Thanks!! Muito Obrigado! Gracias!
I will change my life and you system will help me to do, i know!
Waiting with anxiety to try this version, i´m following your system until last September, i understand but need improve a lot, so starting today i will do backtesting every day for a many hours, i don´t have a job, but now i have time to study more!!
I have some doubts:
Whats is the signal to take a entry? In a sell for example, do you wait close the first bar red on you M15 time frame and so you enter on sell?
Or you wait the price do the move and enter on pullback?
Do you use only Scripts to enter or use pending orders too?

To get your profit, you close position when bar close gray? or when price do a new low?

How to avoid consolidation?

Sorry if i´m doing stupid questions and about my English, i will learn, i believe that, i just study more and practice more and more and more!

Tks for all!
I desire to you an amazing weekend!!
These users thanked the author RollerAndTrading for the post (total 6):
saishala, maroka, xard777, iPar, Jimmy, RodrigoRT7

XARD (Beginners approach)

These are answers for the approach I outlined recently. I'll open a new thread if XARD prefers that instead.

1337br wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:59 pm About marking the retraction so it is done entirely in the higher timeframe?
in this case, the lower chart time is just to have a smaller stop loss and a more accurate entry, correct?

Yes, mark retracements/zones entirely in the higher timeframe. Something like H4 or Daily. These are more significant. (Try to not be seduced by lower levels.)

Yes, lower timeframe is to get a more accurate entry, see your entry trigger, set stop.

1337br wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:59 pm your explanation helped a lot, I was thinking that it was just to look at a higher timeframe, and enter any semaphore signal on the lower timeframe that is in line with the larger trend.... now in my mind I will think of "region" of higher chart time retracement

Yes, in the thread you will see similar suggestions. They'll say "I will glance at the higher timeframe before jumping in."

Just glance? No, 90% of the work is on the higher timeframe you choose.

Good. It is better to wait for those higher timeframe retracements.

1337br wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:31 am In these years that I've been fighting here I must have seen hundreds of indicators, and one of them is called advanced supply demand

Yes, supply/demand is a good level too. If you are planning on taking M5/M15 entries, I would suggest:

Whichever level you choose (supply/demand, FVGs, etc.), try it with only H4 or Daily zones. Not M30. I can explain further another time if you want. In the meantime, test this for yourself.

1337br wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:31 am the problem with this is that I will see several pairs when many say that I should focus on just us30

It's okay. For this approach, it is better to watch many markets for H4/Daily levels. If you are trading just 1 market, you are forced to trade lower levels.
These users thanked the author TraderX for the post (total 4):
Mrs.Watanabe, xard777, dansmol, satyafx

RollerAndTrading wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:52 am I Use this indicator to change Symbol and Sync on another charts.
Symbol-Changer v5 - Extended-Trade-CW.ex4
Symbol-Changer v5 - Slave.ex4
This sync Cursor on all Charts too, it is possible use on backtesting too.
SyncCursor.ex4
And the last one is to show all trades on you chart, so is possible check if you doing the right thing or not.
ShowTrades.ex4

I will do backtesting on Simulator today all day, so if you looking to try something now is the moment to leave your message.
I speak Portuguese and Spanish fluent but don´t be live on my English to explain live, but we can try with chat.
It is my setup to do backtesting in the moment with US30
what xard version are you using in the graph thanks
These users thanked the author sgarr for the post:
RollerAndTrading