Re: Intraday swinging strategy.

Hey fellow members, I'm just sorting, backing up and cleaning up things before my update.

Coming TODAY. It will be the summary of the last while of tweaking and setting up things.

No peaks, the package is coming today....sit tight

Greetz to all - keep on rocking on FS
These users thanked the author simon_n3z for the post:
Chickenspicy
Check out my Intraday Swinging Setup - Updated Q4 2022... viewtopic.php?p=1295496595#p1295496595

Well here we go...

I actually don't have much to say, just that I been trying out and tweaking with (many) different indicators, mostly all from here, and with time the templates kept piling up.

I don't have a method nor am I claiming that the setup works and it's tradable, nor that the inputs on the indicators make sense but I tried out many different, weird, normal, logical and illogical combinations - so you tell me what you think.

One thing that I want to point out, is that the inputs on the indicators ARE NOT RANDOM, and for the most part they are close to each other so that there is synergy not CHAOS. Chaos and random values would be pointless.

Another thing that needs to be said is that the setup is the most part oscillator based...I hope you know how to trade an oscillator.

About REPAINTING: we know repainting can be a problem, some indicators do repaint by default, but also what you have to understand is that, that only by repainting the indicator will display the correct value. Most indicators I used repaint, but NOT horribly, I would actually say the more important ones repaint MINIMALLY.

NB:Finally, look it would be impossible (and in my opinion stupid) for me to write how to trade this setup. I have my own idea and opinion how the indicators work, and what they will indicate. You have to analyze and study the way the indicator behaves, and than formulating an opinion for what to do will be automatic and effortless. One more thing, don't think you will know weather to buy or sell, instead do an analysis and you will formulate an opinion. Trade the setup the way you think it should be traded, and remember things have to make sense.. and once things start making sense the Market will give you an answer.

Now lets get to the details of what's inside:

-32 indicators
-1 libraries file
-1 XAUUSD profile
-13 templates (2 sidebars and 10 different main chart variations)

Please note about the timelines indicator: I included 2 versions of it, the default one is for gold and the timelines_majors is for all other instruments. Gold starts one hour later so I had to correct how it indicated (h4 tf).

Let's see some feedback now...oh and keep on rocking at FS

-simon

PS: One more thing to note about both (there are two different ones) value chart indicators, sometimes the indicator shows scrambled and overlapping candles. You can just open the indicator inputs, hit OK and and go back to the chart, it should refresh.
These users thanked the author simon_n3z for the post (total 9):
dmnik, 2banglak1993, Jedidiah, Jimmy, Chickenspicy, RodrigoRT7, wildwombat, ChuChu Rocket, fxmoney
Check out my Intraday Swinging Setup - Updated Q4 2022... viewtopic.php?p=1295496595#p1295496595

Hello fellow members and noobs that visit.

I just want to emphasize that if you are a total noob, I really really advise you to read the following 3 books

The first one is Technical Analysis Explained (author Martin J. Pring). It has a lot of clear and understandable information for the total beginner. It will help you understand things like candlesticks, moving averages, the market as a whole, trends, some actual techinical analysis methods, and indicators. From what I remember its a long read, with lots of details, but the part you i advise you to focus on is learning the basics of the chart, price (and how its calculated). After that go into indicators, and in particular be atent to the part about oscillators and even more so RSI and divergences. Also read up the part on Dow theory.
Of course , you can go through the whole book (it's quite big and there is a lot of information, and it likely will be way too confusing, because it's a lot of terms that you have no idea what they mean), but after you figure out the chart, candlesticks, "trend", oscillators and divergences and support and resistance you have a basis for opening your Metatrader, and things should be somewhat more clear.
Here is the short version: price moves up and down on the given candlestick and when times up a new candlestick will appear. The indicator uses the selected price and preforms the calculation using the selected moving average.

The next two books come from the same author, his name is Mark Douglas, and the books are named "The Disciplined Trader" and "Trading in the ZONE", and you should read them in that order and in the whole. The books outline why we are fearful of the market, it's a great guide for learning about the correct trading mindset, and they both program you for a fearless and effortless trading experience.

Good luck, and keep on rocking @ FS!! Greetz to all the old schoolers.
These users thanked the author simon_n3z for the post:
Chickenspicy

RplusT wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:35 pm Nothing special. It's a D1, H4 and H1 candle I use for direction. You can use other settings of course.

$Traing__D1Candle.mq4
$Traing__H4Candle.mq4
$Traing__H1Candle.mq4
I made candles of M5 M15 M30 according to the version of D1 H4 H1
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post (total 4):
simon_n3z, sal, RodrigoRT7, Trinisan
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

honje19960321 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:21 pm I made candles of M5 M15 M30 according to the version of D1 H4 H1
Well, thanks!....I actually did all the TFs quite a long time ago but do not post those because the purpose of the candles is to show the direction of the higher TFs i.e. there is no point to go to the low ones. H1 is efficient to take the lead i.e. I don't trade against it. Those candles also show me the SR levels very clearly.

simon_n3z wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:17 pm Well here we go...

I actually don't have much to say, just that I been trying out and tweaking with (many) different indicators, mostly all from here, and with time the templates kept piling up.

I don't have a method nor am I claiming that the setup works and it's tradable, nor that the inputs on the indicators make sense but I tried out many different, weird, normal, logical and illogical combinations - so you tell me what you think.

One thing that I want to point out, is that the inputs on the indicators ARE NOT RANDOM, and for the most part they are close to each other so that there is synergy not CHAOS. Chaos and random values would be pointless.

Another thing that needs to be said is that the setup is the most part oscillator based...I hope you know how to trade an oscillator.

About REPAINTING: we know repainting can be a problem, some indicators do repaint by default, but also what you have to understand is that, that only by repainting the indicator will display the correct value. Most indicators I used repaint, but NOT horribly, I would actually say the more important ones repaint MINIMALLY.

NB:Finally, look it would be impossible (and in my opinion stupid) for me to write how to trade this setup. I have my own idea and opinion how the indicators work, and what they will indicate. You have to analyze and study the way the indicator behaves, and than formulating an opinion for what to do will be automatic and effortless. One more thing, don't think you will know weather to buy or sell, instead do an analysis and you will formulate an opinion. Trade the setup the way you think it should be traded, and remember things have to make sense.. and once things start making sense the Market will give you an answer.

Now lets get to the details of what's inside:

-32 indicators
-1 libraries file
-1 XAUUSD profile
-13 templates (2 sidebars and 10 different main chart variations)

Please note about the timelines indicator: I included 2 versions of it, the default one is for gold and the timelines_majors is for all other instruments. Gold starts one hour later so I had to correct how it indicated (h4 tf).

Let's see some feedback now...oh and keep on rocking at FS

-simon

PS: One more thing to note about both (there are two different ones) value chart indicators, sometimes the indicator shows scrambled and overlapping candles. You can just open the indicator inputs, hit OK and and go back to the chart, it should refresh.

First i want to start by thanking you for showing your work and show you some encouragment. I have been doing the same as you in the past , ie look for indicators and build my own strategy.
When i came across your post , something crossed my mind and i just have to say it bluntly. Please take it as constructive criticism.

Your chart is a damn Picasso my friend , and personnally i cant even read 3 indicators at the same time , so your 32 thingy is just like an incredibly complicated system that (in my opinion) is prone to make you fail.

not going to tell you how to trade cause its up to you to figure out your own way , but you might want to keep things simple. I dont see how you can use the system you posted above. You will spend more time looking at your indis and trying to figure out if its a buy or a sell imo.

Wish you the best things , stay awesome.
These users thanked the author gaarmitaar for the post:
simon_n3z

simon_n3z wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:17 pm NB:Finally, look it would be impossible (and in my opinion stupid) for me to write how to trade this setup.

You even say it yourself : you have no idea how to trade this thing. This is the part of the post where you are lucid. The rest is garbage , and you should throw it. It was a nice attempt , but just too complicated.

My own 2 cents
These users thanked the author gaarmitaar for the post:
vvFish

Reminds me of me journey of "a thousand indicators" quite many years ago........ :D
I.e. having those making the trading decisions or some sort of. People need to realize that Indicators are just what the name says. They follow price action that already happened and not the other way round i.e. when the price moves up they do too and vice versa. Now, even worse, people put many of those on the chart to "confirm each other" . One needs to realize that price can move in one direction much longer than the account lasts despite indicators telling otherwise.. A prime example I tend to quote is Trader Nick Leeson who with his "oh, price MUST reverse " to bankrupt the Barings Bank.
To put it in a nutshell.....Unless one realizes that trading business (any) is about supply and demand, a thousand indicators, but no such levels on the chart, cannot be a successful trading approach. Knowing that, marking such levels and using a trendline as a guide is more than sufficient to make money in trading.

While I do acknowledge that a hundred ways lead to Rome, why not stick to the most important basics and keep trading as simple as possible.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post:
DVanAssen

Here are a few more goodies.

Scripts to make things flow smoothly and the hotkeys I use. You can change this by right clicking on the desired script in navigator/terminal and selecting set hotkey

show alert (CTRL + S)
close open and reverse (CTRL + Z)
close and repeat (CTRL + C)
close all (CTRL + A)

To use scripts you MUST have autotrading enabled. Oh and if you switch between accounts or log into a new one you will have to enable autotrading again.
You can do this also by pressing CTRL + E in any window of your terminal

Note that CTRL + A is used by terminal to arrange sub-windows to the same height, but overwriting it with close all does not break or change anything. It just closes the open orders and nothing else.

Put the scripts into the MQL4/Scripts folder

Tomorrow a few more scripts, gonna have to code them again, I lost the files years back.

Keep on rocking at forex-station

PS: the reverse and the repeat scripts will first close all orders than repeat/reverse the same number of orders with the same lotsize