Re: Bollinger Bands type indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:44 am Can you check if this is close to what you are looking for?
;)
Attachments
These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post:
Chickenspicy
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, kimhyunmin
Be patient therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth: patiently bearing till he receive the early and latter rain.
Behold, we account them blessed who have endured. You have heard of the patience of Job, and you have seen the end of the Lord, that the Lord is merciful and compassionate.

mrtools wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:46 am Changed it to candlesticks and added a color filling option for the bands.

PS: For more information on this indicator, please see here: Mogalef Bands.
Hi, when backtesting the indicator on a different timeframe than current chart it is extremely laggy to me (works fine when current timeframe). Is there any way to solve this?
These users thanked the author ffsss for the post:
Chickenspicy

ffsss wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:36 am Hi, when backtesting the indicator on a different timeframe than current chart it is extremely laggy to me (works fine when current timeframe). Is there any way to solve this?
Modify settings
Chickenspicy

ffsss wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:51 am Like what for example? I tried this but it is still laggy.
honje19960321 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:05 pm !Mogalef Bands + bars projection (candles +,mtf + alerts + btn + lb + fill) optimal settings

Here are the settings I tweaked that I thought would be best to share with you for testing.
Hope you all help to improve it

These users thanked the author Jedidiah for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, vvFish

ffsss wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:10 am Still laggy, i mean performance, like mt4 is almost freezed when backtesting higher timeframes from current chart.
You can't use it alone. Need to cooperate with other indicators. I feel fine myself.
Chickenspicy

mrtools wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:44 am Can you check if this is close to what you are looking for?
Hi Mrtools,

thanks for coding it.

yes thats amazingly close, the only weird thing is that for some reason the UP trend show in some scenarios when it shouldn't

in the picture below I'm using the indicator with settings: bb20 and bb40, at close price, deviation 2.0 but in some cases the histogram draw the uptrend when both of the bands of the fast BB are outside the slow BB -in this scenario the one that should be drawn is the gray/flat trend bars on the histogram-

the area where I draw the yellow rectangles are the ones that should be gray/flat.

And try to search on the chart but only found cases when this happen and its always with the UP trend, didn't see it happen with the DOWN trend.

lastly, if possible pls add a Multi TF setting

thanks again for yor help
Attachments
These users thanked the author -L- for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, Jedidiah