Re: Ehlers Indicators for MT4

chickensword wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:10 pm huh,, interesting looking i have no idea how to use it but looks predictive in a way
yeah, in that form without context and knowledge of how to apply it, it's not useful, but this is just the Period of the dominant cycle at the current candle to then inject that value into the Period and Length inputs into other indicators. There is more to this, but I'll need to find a better way to release this to forex and other communities, but I figured this would be a good start to inject this new method into Forex community so we have some new content to work with.
These users thanked the author loxx for the post:
Chickenspicy

loxx wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:09 pm And this is just the never before released dominant cycle calculation that we can then use for inputs into other indicators to make them adaptive. I'll keep releasing more indicators as we move along, but you are correct, some Ehlers indicators aren't so great.
what we need is the tool he was selling on his website MESA Phasor

http://web.archive.org/web/20160304235720/http://www.mesasoftware.com/mesa_phasor.htm
Jeff
These users thanked the author ionone for the post:
Chickenspicy

loxx wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:12 pm yeah, in that form without context and knowledge of how to apply it, it's not useful, but this is just the Period of the dominant cycle at the current candle to then inject that value into the Period and Length inputs into other indicators. There is more to this, but I'll need to find a better way to release this to forex and other communities, but I figured this would be a good start to inject this new method into Forex community so we have some new content to work with.
I believe I'm using the same DCP - Dominant Cycle Period or Period of Dominant Cycle as input length/period. Mladen releases the initial MT4 version of this one.
These users thanked the author nathanvbasko for the post:
Chickenspicy
Since Frank Sinatra sings in his own way, my charts sing... ♪  I did it, My... Way...  ♬ ; )─

nathanvbasko wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:23 pm I believe I'm using the same DCP - Dominant Cycle Period or Period of Dominant Cycle as input length/period. Mladen releases the initial MT4 version of this one.
Nah, this is new. There are many DC calculations

Band pass
Instant
Autocorrelation
Homodyne
Phase accumulation
Hilbert
Dual Differentiator

this is brand new to Retail

Here in forex, you guys only use a modified version of Phase accumulation, no one has touched the other versions already released above and then this new MESA version is totally different from the other methods, and there are even more that haven't been released yet.

I have all of above coded in PineScipt, just haven't had time to code them out in MT4. but there are implementations for these in MT4 you can probably find, but again, the MESA cycle I linked is totally new to the Forex retail world.
Chickenspicy

loxx wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:38 pm Nah, this is new. There are many DC calculations
Band pass
Instant
Autocorrelation
Homodyne
Phase accumulation
Hilbert
Dual Differentiator

this is brand new to Retail

I was only pointing to the period of dominant cycle mentioned above... Not in general about DC things. The one I mentioned uses Hilbert. And this, If I'm not mistaken, is one based on the dominant cycle period mentioned in Ehlers' book "...rocket science..." thingy.

Anyway, the others not seen in this world of things with your collected Pine scripts or those you found or believed not have been made for retail traders or touch herein by any of the coders... Then, you better start (to find time first) coding it for MT4 or MT5.

These users thanked the author nathanvbasko for the post:
Chickenspicy
Since Frank Sinatra sings in his own way, my charts sing... ♪  I did it, My... Way...  ♬ ; )─

nathanvbasko wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:11 am   
I was only pointing to the period of dominant cycle mentioned above... Not in general about DC things. The one I mentioned uses Hilbert. And this, If I'm not mistaken, is one based on the dominant cycle period mentioned in Ehlers' book "...rocket science..." thingy.

Anyway, the others not seen in this world of things with your collected Pine scripts or those you found or believed not have been made for retail traders or touch herein by any of the coders... Then, you better start (to find time first) coding it for MT4 or MT5.

ahh k, i see, yeah, that one is Hilbert, yes, i forgot that Mladen did that one too, yes
Chickenspicy