Re: Trading Pullbacks System

Meyney wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:31 am I will post this new template soon. Next version at Christmas.
Oh, no! I can't see how the "ICHI" is an improvement. I'm sure one can do without that. The MA's are far better for a visual presentation and guidance. Please, do not move away from something that has already proven to be useful.

Had a second thought. Was that meant to be sarcastic?
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post:
Jon

Meyney wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:31 am I will post this new template soon. Next version at Christmas.
Haha, ⁣ :Rofl: good to see that Meyney actually does have a sense of humour and a bit of sarcasm in there somewhere ;)

Trading does NOT have to be as dry as an Albariño :)
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post (total 3):
RplusT, Meyney, Knight
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT

Thanks Meyney and RplusT for your great answers about how you manage your trades. Confirms a few things to me.

And awesome.new Template Meyney. The template isnt even out yet but I cant wait for the new update on christmas.
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

About trendlines and MA's. The MA's will/can help you spotting the main 'trend' or even better Market Structure; up: higher highs higher lows, down: lower highs lower lows. See the fat coloured (teal) TL, they are not rigid, they move as price changes. We want to buy in an uptrend and want to sell in a down trend. But we do not want to chase(buying at the high or selling at the low) that's why it is smart to enter at a pullback, but not too early. here the smaller (black) trendline for entry is handy; wait till it is broken, also these will change during price action. There are traders who will just building up buy positions into the oversold area in the up trend and sell positions into the overbought area in the down trend. If right you will get the best price, but will be stopped out more. Last we can wait for an indicator to cross, here you will be (very) late. Let's say waiting for a trendline break is a compromise. Of course we can play with different timeframes (looking for a nice clear entry trendline break on a lower timeframe). Do not forget to spot the impulse/chop and SD/S&R zones later more.
best M.
Attachments
These users thanked the author Meyney for the post:
chris006

Meyney wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:00 am Trading Pullbacks System

Trading pullbacks with trendline break.

First target is previous high / low.

Be selective: for example if the MA's are flat there is no clear direction, move to another pair or other timeframe if you notice this.

Stop Loss: can be previous high/low or even better one before. If you scale out on 1st target do not forget to scale out also when the trade moves against you otherwise you will take a full SL, in other words your
moneymanagement is out of balance. If price crosses the red/blue MA be careful this can be a change in trend.

Why trade pullbacks?

1. We want a proper price/entry= no chasing.
  2. We will wait for a proper move first.
  3. When the breakout traders or indicator traders (when all 15 indi's ailgn) enter we can bank our first target.
  4. ZOOM OUT!
    [/list

cheers M.

Version 13-3-22. Added MTF SD zones and AO histogram (for peaks and valleys/plotting trendlines-pullback). Switch timeframes and see how price moves/bounces at the SD zones. MA's are used as a 'trendline'. MTF SD zones are set to 15M 1H and Daily in this template. When they cluster with a round number head's up.

my mt4 is crashing not responding after install this latest indicator