InfoRe: Trend Indicators for MT4

ionone wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:42 pm here it is, plus one little mistake corrected (I was using "iHigh" for "lowest" value instead of 'iLow', not a huge deal but now it's corrected, sorry about that guys)
not tested but alerts should work
alerts are issued during latest bar (when the high/low is broken), not at a new bar. But the logic of the indicator allows that to happen, allowing alerts even earlier. If you want you can wait the close of the bar to trade the signal but I don't see any benefit to that
Wonderful indicator and works for scalping. I like this and see potential in it.

My small contribution is this version which allows us to change colors and bar width. Not much, but we definitely need it :sweat:
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post (total 3):
FXSurf, andrei-1, Jedidiah
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

Re: Trend Indicators for MT4

camisa wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:10 pm I think it's not working, please add alert message display
my bad there was another small mistake (while(i>0) instead of while(i>=0) )
so it's fixed now sorry about that

also added color and bar size for separate B/S
no offense ChuChu Rocket but I prefer keeping the code in one single file updated with latest improvements
I think it's easier for users
These users thanked the author ionone for the post (total 2):
camisa, Jimmy

ionone wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:33 pm my bad there was another small mistake (while(i>0) instead of while(i>=0) )
so it's fixed now sorry about that

also added color and bar size for separate B/S
no offense ChuChu Rocket but I prefer keeping the code in one single file updated with latest improvements
I think it's easier for users
1. There is one issue i find, when i soom in there is no signal bars seen . where if i soom out , singal bars visible. please fix.
2. red colour missing -see snap.
3. alert sound is active??
4. can you add arrow on main chart!
Attachments
"There is NO GOD higher than TRUTH" - Mahatma Gandhi

1. hm this is strange. I tried to replicate error on my chart but it didn't do it. I think that's a MT4 problem. Do you have a valid account and incoming live ticks on the chart you're testing the indi ?
2. fixed
3. done
4. done
These users thanked the author ionone for the post (total 3):
pfxi, FXchaos, sal

ionone wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:33 pm 1. hm this is strange. I tried to replicate error on my chart but it didn't do it. I think that's a MT4 problem. Do you have a valid account and incoming live ticks on the chart you're testing the indi ?
2. fixed
3. done
4. done
i have demo account what i test..
now this version perfect. and thanks for added arrows.. let me check aleart sound working or not!

sal wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:42 pm i have demo account what i test..
now this version perfect. and thanks for added arrows.. let me check aleart sound working or not!
now alert also working . perfect. :thumbup:
some warning showns
i do love the arrows direction shall be reversal. most signal for m1 chart comes very accurate for reversal..
Attachments

ChartRe: Trend Indicators

mrtools wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 2:59 pm Guess this could be a sort of trend indicator, made a fractal channel with filled areas in between. If you don't like the filled areas just change the color to none, if you use the filled areas make sure charts in fore ground is checked.
I know that I am quoting on a very old post so apologies if an update regarding what I am asking next has been posted elsewhere already. I searched but could not find anything.

I tried this indicator on a few currency pairs on daily timeframe and this gives amazing results on default settings. So I naturally wondered if this is repainting. I would have checked that myself if I had the source code but since the source code is not available, I decided to watch the behaviour on 1 min chart. To my surprise, the indi does not paint at all from the moment I switch to 1 min chart and onwards. If I switch to some other timeframe and switch back to 1 min, the indi is painted for all bars on the chart but then if I stay on 1 min chart, the indi does not paint for newly appearing bars.

I am attaching a picture of what I mean. Is this natural for this indi or am I doing something wrong?

Re: Trend Indicators

xpf2003 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 7:56 pm I know that I am quoting on a very old post so apologies if an update regarding what I am asking next has been posted elsewhere already. I searched but could not find anything.

I tried this indicator on a few currency pairs on daily timeframe and this gives amazing results on default settings. So I naturally wondered if this is repainting. I would have checked that myself if I had the source code but since the source code is not available, I decided to watch the behaviour on 1 min chart. To my surprise, the indi does not paint at all from the moment I switch to 1 min chart and onwards. If I switch to some other timeframe and switch back to 1 min, the indi is painted for all bars on the chart but then if I stay on 1 min chart, the indi does not paint for newly appearing bars.

I am attaching a picture of what I mean. Is this natural for this indi or am I doing something wrong?

Looks like something wrong with the indicator, unfortunately I don't have the code anymore to fix it.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
太虚一毫

mrtools wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:41 am Looks like something wrong with the indicator, unfortunately I don't have the code anymore to fix it.
Try right click on chart ->properties -> common -> tick "Chart on foreground".

Probably wont help, but worth a try.

Edit: I should have read what you wrote... lol... forget what I said.
You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew

mrtools wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:41 am Looks like something wrong with the indicator, unfortunately I don't have the code anymore to fix it.
Thanks for your reply @mrtools

It is sad that the indicator cannot be fixed. It was giving interesting results even on default settings. Little experimentation would have given great results.