Spot currencies are not for the dreamers. You will either lose everything or it will be just a hobby

It's been a while.

I don't like fx social media or any trading.

This one is a bit palatable.

If what I say in this post upsets you don't bother I won't respond.

Forex is not what you think it is. There is so much more behind the curtain that you will never be told. It's something that understandably isn't shared with the public and definitely with the retail FX crowd.

I am a former licensed commodities and securities trader. Currencies are a commodity.

Even then I was not fully prepared for retail fx.

All is not what it seems, it's a facade or a rabbit hole the very most or completely all of you will get lost. Et al Alice in wonderland...

Rather cryptic I know.

Even the news outlets....Forex live for example...complete shills. Worse are the paid squawk boxes...
These users thanked the author Yodelx90 for the post (total 2):
jonnyfx4711, ChuChu Rocket

Re: Spot currencies are not for the dreamers. You will either lose everything or it will be just a hobby

Swiss_cheese wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:44 pm Would love to know more about the dirty hidden secrets going on behind closed doors. Please elaborate on these claims.
For me to convey that in this 2x7 box just isn't going to happen.
If someone was really worth teaching I'd have to sit with them for two months eating lunch every day and if they make it after that I'll see if they make it two years. There really is no incentive. I don't go into detail even with loved ones.

Another issue you won't realize is that I don't know what your thought process is. I've posted before on social media and things get misconstrued or people will attempt to elaborate with layman knowledge, totally useless, but they believe in it. It's why social media is a horrible place to learn about trading spot fx.

People don't like that and I know there may be a few out there like myself but what's the incentive. It is a lonely game for sure, but always in the end it's best to just stay quiet. There's no need for other people's money or to sell useless bots and courses.
These users thanked the author Yodelx90 for the post:
jonnyfx4711

Re: Spot currencies are not for the dreamers. You will either lose everything or it will be just a hobby

Yodelx90 wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:33 pm Forex live for example...complete shills. Worse are the paid squawk boxes...
Forex live is rubbish, left leaning news. We did use RANsquawk (now called NEWSquawk) and all of that shit when I was a prop trader but we actually got news faster on Twitter at times. Go figure.

You seem like an interesting dude. Stick around?

What do you do for a living now?
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

HeavLeighGill wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:17 am I'd still like to know what's going ...
A lot of you guys have become/are idealistic about fx trading. A lot of things you wouldn't believe and most won't want to.

It would take too much energy to sit and type it out.

You read that the currency mkt is gigantic and supposed to make you feel like it's an honest place.

There's a shitt load of duplicity, blurred lines and grey areas. An honest 'fundamental' move is actually sinister.

Why do you think there's so little information about the industry? Do you think the news comes first or is the news just appropriating itself to what just or is already starting to unfurl. Are the analysts just making up reasons why the market did such and such?

Just what is the algorithm composed of? How come it's never even talked about or explained, totally overlooked. How the fuck does the price even move....more buyers than sellers visa/versa? The senior members of these forums know all the answers right?

Why do all the broker's support all say the same thing?....do they even know what they're talking about?....Are they just told what upper management wants them to repeat?

Who can you trust?

A fucking rabbit hole.

Word to the wise, stick with Regulated US brokers. Keep trust on a short leash.

Avoid the off-shore, avoid all these fake ass "prop" trading firms.