Re: BeatlemaniaSA's XU-Hybrid Trading System

retireme wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:09 pm thomdei

I am sure this information can be found on this website but I will try to help with regard to your templates.

If you have an indicator that is a different name than the one you were using in your template, it is easier to just edit the template instead of recreating a new template.

It is done very easily: First find your template via windows explorer, double click it and it will open in your default text editor. Now press CTRL F and type in the name of your old indicator which will then find it in the text file. Look at the attached code from my template and you will see <expert>, under that is the indicator name. In the example, change 'name=XU ma HL simple' to the replacement name. Save the text file and away you go. You have asked to have the width and other variables to be selectable too but as long as the internal variable names have not changed, when you load your template it will also read in your variables to the new indicator.

Code: Select all

<indicator>
name=Custom Indicator
<expert>
name=XU ma HL simple
flags=339
window_num=0
<inputs>
STR01=<<<====  Candle Settings ====>>>
showCANDLES=true
WickWidth=2
BodyWidth=3
UseAutoWidth=true

Hope that helps you!

Rgds
RM

Respected Sir,

Thanks for TPL editor help.
Actually, I was referring to the new ver : XU ma HL simple 1.2 which misses wickwidth, bodywidth, useautowidth ( true/false) : in STR01 : Candle Settings.

These options are available in old ver.

attached is pic for ref *

Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.
Attachments

I knew what you were referring to, the variables that you speak of are still in the code but are now internal instead of extern. That means that if your template is still setting certain widths, it will still do it.

As I said, open your template in an editor, replace the old XU ma HL simple with XU ma HL simple 1.2 save the file and then load it on a chart and see what I mean.

Rgds
RM
These users thanked the author retireme for the post:
thomdel

retireme wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:04 pm I knew what you were referring to, the variables that you speak of are still in the code but are now internal instead of extern. That means that if your template is still setting certain widths, it will still do it.

As I said, open your template in an editor, replace the old XU ma HL simple with XU ma HL simple 1.2 save the file and then load it on a chart and see what I mean.

Rgds
RM
Not working. :(

Brett001 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:11 pm Not working. :(
Very descriptive post there, Brett... would you like to explain just what isn't working?

The method of editing? Your change of indicator? The new template itself? Without more information, it is hard to know exactly what you mean by 'not working :('

If you would like to post your template, I can take a look and try to fix it. However, I find that learning to understand your own templates is very valuable and rewarding.

Rgds
RM

retireme wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:29 pm Very descriptive post there, Brett... would you like to explain just what isn't working?

The method of editing? Your change of indicator? The new template itself? Without more information, it is hard to know exactly what you mean by 'not working :('

If you would like to post your template, I can take a look and try to fix it. However, I find that learning to understand your own templates is very valuable and rewarding.

Rgds
RM
I mean, even though I changed the name in the template from XU MA HL simple to XU MA HL simple 1.2, the candle thicknesses don't change. Now it is clear?

Regards: Brett

ChuChu Rocket wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:01 pm
You may well be right but - I wonder - where (or what) is your buy-signal?
Do you enter without any signal whatsoever (I went down all the way to M5 and didn't see any)?

[update next day (shortly before Frankfurt open):
the good thing: price stopped falling and is above D1 EMA9 + above daily open;
the - as yet - open question: will it close above H4 EMA9? If so: I'd regard this as a buy signal - despite the fact that it is clearly below daily pivot.
The minimum I'd expect is a test of the pivot, next would be Fib50, Fib61.8, finally a retest of previous high. Pivot tells us this won't happen but who knows...
end of my trading day: Gold made Fib61.8; took some time and getting across resistance, though.]
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
ChuChu Rocket