MagnifyRe: T3 and T3 based indicators MT4

GoldenBrett90 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:49 am Does anyone have the Tilson IE/2 moving-average already coded and can share it?
I do not see it anywhere on here.
Hello mate, Tilson IE/2 is included as an "Averages" filter in the Averages indicator for MT4 under IE/2 :)

There are also two standalone indicators available:

Tilson IE/2 Moving Average

The EPMA(15) is blue, the T3(6) is red, the IE/2(15) is yellow and the ILRS(15) is green in the MetaStock platform.

The IE/2 indicator is basically a Moving Average that uses Linear Regression slope in it's calculation to help with smoothing.

It's actually the precursor and early version of the famous "T3 Indicator".

The original IE/2 was first outlined by Tim Tilson in the January 1998 edition of Stocks and Commodities magazine, under the headline of "Smoothing Techniques For More Accurate Signals". This article also explained the studies on the T3 indicator.

As mentioned above, IE/2 was a pre-study that was created whilst the "T3" Smoothing was developing. So T3 is the result of, and also the successor of the IE/2.

A copy of the original IE/2 Moving Average article from 1998 is attached below.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 5):
GoldenBrett90, josi, AnCapFX, 太虚一毫, FXSurf
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Re: T3 and T3 based indicators MT4

Jimmy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:13 am Hello mate, Tilson IE/2 is included in the Averages indicator for MT4 under IE/2 :)
Hey, Jimmy, thanks for the reply.
Though, I'm really just looking to see if anyone's coded it as an individual indicator.
I'm trying to find this Tillson IE/2 as an individual indicator for near-future coding considerations.

In my findings, IE/2 follows the trend much better than the corrected T3, believe it or not, which would be much better for coding, yet T3 is the one that's popular.
Make a double-MA "cloud" set to 34 & 100 for both and you will see exactly what I'm looking at.
Since studying what Xard has produced, I've began to look at the "cloud" concept in a different way, as it can produce buy, sell, and neutral signals to make a color-coded background for easy trading psychology. I'm sure you know all about Xard.
But, anyways, T3 produces a much broader loop and lags behind by a couple of bars, though they do trade-off with which one produces an earlier entry.
I've always used T3, because it was in relation to "THV Trix" (Turhovach, CobraForex, Forex Factory).
I wonder how Trix would be if it were coded with IE/2, instead. Probably great.

Over the past couple of weeks of using it, it's seemed too good to be true...
It seems like this is what I've been looking for the past 6 years and a simple source code would be so appreciated.
These users thanked the author GoldenBrett90 for the post (total 3):
Jimmy, AnCapFX, DaffyTaffy
My goal is to make advanced algorithm strategies, coded and simplified.
Trading psychology and ease-of-use are top priorities.

-GoldenBrett90

GoldenBrett90 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:02 am Hey, Jimmy, thanks for the reply.
Though, I'm really just looking to see if anyone's coded it as an individual indicator.
I'm trying to find this Tillson IE/2 as an individual indicator for near-future coding considerations.

In my findings, IE/2 follows the trend much better than the corrected T3, believe it or not, which would be much better for coding, yet T3 is the one that's popular.
Make a double-MA "cloud" set to 34 & 100 for both and you will see exactly what I'm looking at.
Since studying what Xard has produced, I've began to look at the "cloud" concept in a different way, as it can produce buy, sell, and neutral signals to make a color-coded background for easy trading psychology. I'm sure you know all about Xard.
But, anyways, T3 produces a much broader loop and lags behind by a couple of bars.
I've always used T3, because it was in relation to "THV Trix" (Turhovach, CobraForex, Forex Factory).

Also, I do believe "pre-study" means it wasn't even in the development stages, yet, as T3 was already at that stage and was being introduced to the public at that time of January, 1998.
Tillson introduced T3 and mentioned his other pre-studies, especially showcasing IE/2.
So, I'm thinking IE/2 was definitely the successor to T3, especially seeing the tighter results.
It seems like this is what I've been looking for the past 6 years and a simple source code would be so appreciated.
I don't know how clear these screenshots are going to turn out, but IE/2 (what's pictured) follows trend much tighter than the often swooping, and even over-shooting corrected T3 of the same setting length.
This is IE/2 using 34 & 100 periods.
Yes, even 100-period produces nice, tight results for trend-following.

I also use Heiken Ashi APB (most accurate version of HA) and Mladen's OMA RSI, making this simple strategy more insanely accurate than advanced strategies!
I am feeling great about this and will get it coded with alerts, soon.
Attachments
These users thanked the author GoldenBrett90 for the post (total 2):
AnCapFX, DaffyTaffy

-GoldenBrett90

Here we go, here's first-hand examples.
T3 is the richer-colored MA's in these recent US30 screenshots, IE/2 the dull-colored.

T3 may be "smoother", but IE/2 is better for consolidation and catching transitions for scalping (and better for coding), as T3 doesn't put as much emphasis into breakouts from consolidation.
IE/2 doesn't overshoot like T3, and I have no clue why T3 caught so much attention.
Reading the PDF file, needing something smoother was the goal they had for creating T3.
"Smoother" is not always better, the markets don't move in a "smooth", user-friendly way.
I'm not undermining anything, it just is what it is... Put them both on the charts and see for yourselves.
I'm just saying... I've invested too many years into T3. Lol
Attachments

-GoldenBrett90

GoldenBrett90 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:02 am Hey, Jimmy, thanks for the reply.

But, anyways, T3 produces a much broader loop and lags behind by a couple of bars, though they do trade-off with which one produces an earlier entry.

Check here Moving averages
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
GoldenBrett90, Jimmy

Re: T3 and T3 based indicators

GoldenBrett90 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:02 am Would it be asking too much to code this cosmetic idea of mine?
All I'm asking is to create a double-MA cloud from either the MA I've provided or an AllAverages MA indicator.
Then, code this new, popular "color background" idea, according to the MA cloud color-change.

For example, if both MA's of the cloud are signaling a buy, then a buy-colored background will appear, and vice-versa for a sell.
And if both MA's are conflicting with a buy & sell, then a neutral color will appear for the chart background.

This is a simple, yet effective concept for momentum trading & trading psychology, and to keep a clean chart.
Something like this?
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 4):
GoldenBrett90, kvak, Krunal Gajjar, pipsquirrel

GoldenBrett90 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:27 pm Looks great, but would it be too much work to do it in this way according to the screenshot, coding it with two MA's as a cloud?
This is a recent screenshot of US30 on M5, using periods 34 & 100 for the two MA's.
In the screenshot, I made arrows where both MA's are red for a sell background color, both MA's are blue for a buy background color, and where there's an area of disagreement with both a red & blue MA, where a neutral-colored background will be drawn.
Try.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 4):
A_5, GoldenBrett90, kvak, pipsquirrel

mrtools wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:32 am Try.
Dear Master Tools,

Everything you code turns out exemplary and has all the bells and whistles, above and beyond.
Though what I'm requesting is a third signal, a neutral-color signal to show the consolidation or turning-points in the market for when the two MA's do not agree with each other.

Much like how Xard and BeatlemaniaSA have the gray-colored candles in the trend, I would like an inverted version of this converted into the background, but using this double IE/2 MA configuration.

I am choosing to have the 3 signals of the trend (buy, sell, neutral) color-coded in the background, because the most important detail is what I will come back to later in making the trade entry.

Very recently, I found out how to make my favorite VoltyChannel_Stop_v6.7 600+ candlestick indicator as close to true price-action as possible, while still being able to filter-out false moves in directional bias by using the 'double IE/2' as the trend indicator.
I will share this all later and I expect you, Master Tools, to be the one for the project.
I've got it all figured out and it will greatly benefit anyone who tries it with me.

(Attached is a screenshot of what I'm talking about with the neutral-color signal from the new BeatlemaniaSA XU update.)
Attachments
These users thanked the author GoldenBrett90 for the post:
DaffyTaffy

-GoldenBrett90

mrtools wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:32 am Try.
Why are you doing this, though?
What's the point?
I really don't cause problems with anyone.
Your coding is always a masterpiece, even including unexpected additions.
Can newcomers and outsiders not get any credit?
I've been working on this stuff as my main daily focus, non-stop, around the clock for 6 years. This is my only focus.
I know what actually works.
You have to gauge the trend as closely as possible, then you need a trigger signal that's as close to actual price-action as you can possibly get. Then, you need an extremely accurate oscillator or momentum indicator to filter out as many remaining false signals as possible.
And you could add in S&D and candlestick pattern recognition into the coding, but that's not necessary, at all.

But anyways, either you're just extremely busy or else I'm not being allowed to receive this simple (yet extremely accurate) indicator idea, posted publicly for everyone.
It's a simple idea, but it's monumental.

-GoldenBrett90

GoldenBrett90 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:31 am Why are you doing this, though?
What's the point?
I really don't cause problems with anyone.
Your coding is always a masterpiece, even including unexpected additions.
Can newcomers and outsiders not get any credit?
I've been working on this stuff as my main daily focus, non-stop, around the clock for 6 years. This is my only focus.
I know what actually works.
You have to gauge the trend as closely as possible, then you need a trigger signal that's as close to actual price-action as you can possibly get. Then, you need an extremely accurate oscillator or momentum indicator to filter out as many remaining false signals as possible.
And you could add in S&D and candlestick pattern recognition into the coding, but that's not necessary, at all.

But anyways, either you're just extremely busy or else I'm not being allowed to receive this simple (yet extremely accurate) indicator idea, posted publicly for everyone.
It's a simple idea, but it's monumental.
Sorry missing something here, what did I or didn't I do? If there is something I missed please tell me!!!