Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

yoki wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:42 am Super duper Hit , Thanks Sooooo Much For this precious Gift.
The true thanks go to the amazing coders and contributors here on Forex Station, namely Mladen, Mrtools, Xard, Kvak, Banzai, and all the others I may have inadvertently not mentioned....Without their tireless work and contributions none of my setups would be possible :)

They have helped me enjoy my trading and now I am only paying it forward... <3 :problem:

Warmest regards,
BeatlemaniaSA
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post (total 6):
satyafx, yoki, thomdel, stond, ParallelNative, RodrigoRT7
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT

Mustafa wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:27 pm In the long run sophistication of your methods would matter less than how long you can sit on your trades.....
I seem to have a big problem with this. I often miss 50-70% of the move, taking a small profit.
When I try to wait for a big move in a trade, the market makes a small profit and then takes it back and comes back for my stop.
When I fix a small profit of 10-20 points and it seems that there will be no further movement, then the market moves on.
1. How do you learn to stay in a trade longer?
2. How to understand that you need to sit in this transaction, and in another transaction it is better to exit with a small profit?
XARD: That was the main reason that I switched from trading Currencies to Indices. Look at the Avg Daily Range of the instrument traded, GBPCAD's ADR is 89 whereas US2000 is 590. GBPNZD is 119 as is Geppy, gone are the days of +250 Pip$ Daily move on a currency.
These users thanked the author Boobligoom for the post (total 6):
moey_dw, XXXX, Musashi, BeatlemaniaSA, kimhyunmin, RodrigoRT7

Moving AveragesRe: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Boobligoom wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:23 am I seem to have a big problem with this. I often miss 50-70% of the move, taking a small profit.
When I try to wait for a big move in a trade, the market makes a small profit and then takes it back and comes back for my stop.
When I fix a small profit of 10-20 points and it seems that there will be no further movement, then the market moves on.
1. How do you learn to stay in a trade longer?
2. How to understand that you need to sit in this transaction, and in another transaction it is better to exit with a small profit?
XARD: That was the main reason that I switched from trading Currencies to Indices. Look at the Avg Daily Range of the instrument traded, GBPCAD's ADR is 89 whereas US2000 is 590. GBPNZD is 119 as is Geppy, gone are the days of +250 Pip$ Daily move on a currency.
excellent post/question....... thx boob & xard
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post (total 3):
ParallelNative, kimhyunmin, RodrigoRT7
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

BeatlemaniaSA wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:26 am Hi @thomdel,

No problem :)

Here on Forex Station we pay it forward! :problem: ;)

Indicators + Template

CCI-RsiMA Indicators + Template.zip

Warmest regards,
BeatlemaniaSA
I actually have similar setting on the RSI, but have you tried using averageperiod 10 and level 70/30 on M15 or M30.
Obviously whatever works for you, just letting you know those have worked quite nicely for me.
These users thanked the author opita for the post:
BeatlemaniaSA
Cheers,

Opita

samxtrader wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:37 am Just need a bit of information on the 2 coloured red/green line?

I understand the line is the open line ?
So , if price did break through , it could retest the line, meaning there could be a reaction off the line ?

Could somebody give me some instructions on this.

Honestly if Xard or somebody did a video on " How to trade this system " , the battle would be over in trying to figure it out your self, although there
is information on previous pages, but its different a
of kettle of fish if it was shown on a recorded or a live video, please somebody sort it out :D

Cheers
Hi There!
XARD (Dan), included the open line to be used as a "FILTER". Generally it is safer to take buys above open line and sells below open line. That is why he has color coded it, and this time around used moving averages to color code the line to match each price move above or below. Price can and will test retest any line! any support line or resistance line. That is why you need to look for confluence (other agreeing factors), you need confirmation from your MA crosses, candlestick patterns etc, etc. You may want to read up and google "support and resistance" to get better understanding of how they work. If you were really serious, you could begin at page one of this forum, and read every post from beginng, I assure you, you will learn lots! and pick up many more hints along the way, and many more cool indicators! No one can dump info into your brain, you have to collect that yourself, no one can give you experience, you have to earn that yourself! It won't take you long to read all the posts, maybe 2x weekends thats it.
Hope that helps!
Happy Trading !
EDIT: Forgot to mention, but you will find info if you read through past posts in this thread, the open line is also significant in "GOLDEN NUGGET" AND "SILVER NUGGET". That is when a 2nd dot forms near the open line ( more action is seen if this happens near the open of market sessions - high volatility such as London open or NY open).
Attachments
These users thanked the author aneek229 for the post (total 2):
samxtrader, kimhyunmin

samxtrader wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:37 am

Honestly if Xard or somebody did a video on " How to trade this system " , the battle would be over in trying to figure it out your self, although there
is information on previous pages, but its different a
of kettle of fish if it was shown on a recorded or a live video, please somebody sort it out :D
Excellent suggestion, does anyone else like this idea?
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 10):
BeatlemaniaSA, Kavokane, kenshin281180#, gamerredd, ico111, fadhayemustafa, viklam, Castle73, ebi, RodrigoRT7
nil desperandum

Boobligoom wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:23 am 2. How to understand that you need to sit in this transaction, and in another transaction it is better to exit with a small profit?
could it be: higher TF? (as reference, of course, not necessarily as trading TF)
Could you choose the pair that is in a clear trend (on higher TF; up to Monthly?) and trade in trend direction till the trend ends?
Could this be what Mustafa's screenshot tries to tell you?
Attachments
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
BeatlemaniaSA