Re: VQ - Volatility Quality Indicators MT4

Good morning @mrtools from Africa :)

Compliments of the season to you and hope you've had a great start to 2022.

With regard to the Didi Index indicator listed above and here in my post I was was wondering if you could implement the following suggestions:

1) Is there a zero line? Is the BLUE line the zero line?

2) If yes, can you implement alerts as per the attached screenshot for when the RED line crosses the BLUE (zero line)? In addition, the option to select ON/OFF which of the alerts we would like to be shown/activated.

Hopefully, this will help to eliminate a bit of the noise that is there when the RED and GREEN line cross so often. Suggestions as to the optimum setting for those MA's from the experienced members would also be greatly appreciated ;)

At the moment it works great yet I feel your coding wizardry will enhance it even further :thumbup:

Indicator:
Warmest regards,
BeatlemaniaSA
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post:
josi
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT

mrtools wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:13 am Added zones,arrows,and lines.
Dear MrTools,
I love your work and
this is a suggestion (and not at all any kind of criticism):
If one takes into account how this indicator works (2 lines crossing and recrossing, tendentially going in opposite directions), a signal whenever the lines cross is
a) almost always too late (because half the move may already be over when lines cross)
b) the bigger the last move, the longer the distance to the next possible cross
The same problem arises if you take zero-cross for signals.
Logically speaking (ideally?) the best point for such an indicator to give a signal is when it has reached extremes (with both lines) and moves away from these extremes.
So one could either think about
a) Stoch-style-level-signals or
b) slope-change-signals (but these would only work with considerable smoothing of the lines).
I think if it could be done in such a way the indicator signals might turn out to be extremely good.
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
BeatlemaniaSA

DownloadRe: VQ - Volatility Quality Indicators MT4

josi wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:24 pm If one takes into account how this indicator works (2 lines crossing and recrossing, tendentially going in opposite directions), a signal whenever the lines cross is
a) almost always too late (because half the move may already be over when lines cross)
I agree with you. This one indicator is fast enough to catch the change before anything else does. Not even my favourite, random walk index, which is very reliable but may be slow most of the time (this helps eliminate noise though).

Please try the following indi. I had very good results with it:

mod: please no outside links

I'm so sorry didn't know the rule, may I post the indicator itself then? just to help others.
These users thanked the author stereotomy for the post:
BeatlemaniaSA

stereotomy wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:45 am I agree with you. This one indicator is fast enough to catch the change before anything else does. Not even my favourite, random walk index, which is very reliable but may be slow most of the time (this helps eliminate noise though).

Please try the following indi. I had very good results with it:
Thanks stereotomy for the excellent indicator suggestions :thumbup: Much appreciated by all the members :)

Regards,
BeatlemaniaSA
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT

josi wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:24 pm Dear MrTools,
I love your work and
this is a suggestion (and not at all any kind of criticism):
If one takes into account how this indicator works (2 lines crossing and recrossing, tendentially going in opposite directions), a signal whenever the lines cross is
b) the bigger the last move, the longer the distance to the next possible cross
The same problem arises if you take zero-cross for signals.
Logically speaking (ideally?) the best point for such an indicator to give a signal is when it has reached extremes (with both lines) and moves away from these extremes.
So one could either think about
a) Stoch-style-level-signals or
b) slope-change-signals (but these would only work with considerable smoothing of the lines).
I think if it was done in such a way the indicator signals might turn out to be extremely good.
Was this about the rwi smoothed?

mrtools wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:33 pm Was this about the rwi smoothed?
Thank you for taking an interest:
This was about the:
!! random walk index smoothed (alerts + arrows + lines + zones).ex4

viewtopic.php?p=1295454295#p1295454295

(but the same argument applies to: Didi_index_mtf+alerts+lines nmc.mq4 - which I find more interesting right now;
and all ADX-indicators, of course: viewtopic.php?f=578480&t=8417039)

Hi Mr. Tools and others,

The random walk indicator which has recently been updated seems to be different from the one I posted.

As you can see from the screenshot, the version I had (without the alarms, zones, etc.) seems to give more accurate results.

Any ideas?

P.S. Both are on a H4 chart with inputs (7,4)
Edit: NVM, when I reduced the version with the alarms input "4,3" I got the same result :) Frankly, I think this is as reliable & accurate an indicator can get.

Sorry for the bother, can't delete this post!