Re: I have been writing code for 38 years.. Ask me anything (AMA)

ziggy wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:37 pm you are right, i dont need a forum.. because i am so good, right?

people that are good work alone, right?

they sit at home in the dark and work alone.

fk.

it is ok if you just cancel me... i will sit at home and work alone.. i will be fine.

just do it.

that way you guys can get back to working on your moving averages.

fyi, moving averages have NOTHING to do with the future.
Like I said I have nothing to learn from you, been there done that!
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
RplusT

mrtools wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:41 pm Like I said I have nothing to learn from you, been there done that!
with all respect, you have been quite decent to me.. thank you..

truth is, i really am not here to learn from you or from anyone else..

i learned coding entirely by myself.. i am self taught.

as a trader, i find that most/all traders use traditional indicators and moving averages and backtesting... and none of those things work any better than flipping a coin.

it is true.

oh well.

i am almost ready to go out and raise capital, and believe me that i am sure not going to do that here.

i have two methods that i will use...

1) i know which businesses to walk into that have a rolodex full of the biggest money in town.

2) i know how to place a tiny ad that will bring me the biggest money in town.

yup.

i am almost ready.

ziggy wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:37 pm you are right, i dont need a forum.. because i am so good, right?

people that are good work alone, right?

they sit at home in the dark and work alone.

fk.

it is ok if you just cancel me... i will sit at home and work alone.. i will be fine.

just do it.

that way you guys can get back to working on your moving averages.

fyi, moving averages have NOTHING to do with the future.
Back to my original post, all we ask here is that you respect your fellow forum members and we will make sure they all respect you, if that is too hard for you then would hate to say that this probably is not the place for you. Don't have to kiss their butt or anything if you don't agree with them just don't answer. Your code doesn't matter and neither does your trading method. If you want to share fine, if not fine too, it's all good!
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
RplusT

mrtools wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:58 pm Back to my original post, all we ask here is that you respect your fellow forum members and we will make sure they all respect you, if that is too hard for you then would hate to say that this probably is not the place for you. Don't have to kiss their butt or anything if you don't agree with them just don't answer. Your code doesn't matter and neither does your trading method. If you want to share fine, if not fine too, it's all good!
that is very reasonable.

much respect to you as a moderator.

ziggy wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:52 pm with all respect, you have been quite decent to me.. thank you..

truth is, i really am not here to learn from you or from anyone else..

i learned coding entirely by myself.. i am self taught.

as a trader, i find that most/all traders use traditional indicators and moving averages and backtesting... and none of those things work any better than flipping a coin.

it is true.
Hi Ziggy,

I think it's great that you use alternative methods of trading, You've put hard work in and sometimes I think it's better for people to find out themselves. You say not to use traditional indicators and moving averages. I'm not asking for your strategy but I'm curious to know what sort of area I should be focusing on so I can look to improving my trading. Your more than welcome to DM me.