Re: Volatility Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:12 am Added bands with a choice of atr or average range.
Hello Sir, another excellent indicator to my trading algo. This show so much information for trading conviction. In 5m timeframe the volatility value doesnt change although the volatility line shown are going up/down at candle close. Is it because the digit limitation ? can it shows more than 4 digits, example 0.00015 ? thank you very much

polygone wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:00 pm Hello Sir, another excellent indicator to my trading algo. This show so much information for trading conviction. In 5m timeframe the volatility value doesnt change although the volatility line shown are going up/down at candle close. Is it because the digit limitation ? can it shows more than 4 digits, example 0.00015 ? thank you very much
No don't think it has anything to do with digits and don't think it can show anymore digits than what your broker offers.

mrtools wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:42 pm No don't think it has anything to do with digits and don't think it can show anymore digits than what your broker offers.
thank you for your reply Sir,
in that case, can the calculation value of volatility made bigger ? for example times 10 or 100
or is it impossible because of value limitation and it will mess up the chart ?
Im very sorry if I annoy you, Im genuinely asking without meaning to be a snob or trying to be condesending.

Thank you very much Sir, your help is much appreciated.

whiplashtm wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:42 am Hi, is it possible to update directional volatility with the option to use the latest averages and prices? And would it be possible to "replace" the stdev calculation with mladens EMA deviation calclulation, and/or give the option to choose different averages for the deviation aswell (it's using SMA as standard). It would've been nice to have the indicator showing up on the entire charthistory aswell (probably because of the extcountbars code?).

Much appreciated. Take care.

Cleaned up the code and changed to Mladen's ema deviation and added the averages to the calculations.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 12):
talaate, Jimmy, whiplashtm, andrei-1, Jackson Doh, optionhk, Krunal Gajjar, heispark, RodrigoRT7, BeatlemaniaSA, pipsquirrel, Jedidiah

mrtools wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:13 am Cleaned up the code and changed to Mladen's ema deviation and added the averages to the calculations.
I appreciate your efforts and time for making the indicator. But could you also add a smoothing option (with fractional period and the different averages), even though it adds to the lag, I think it would be benefical to smooth out some of the jagginezz (if you use other averages than supersmoother etc.).

Hell Mr. Tools. Thank you very much for the Directional Volatility Averages indicator. I have a request of you. Could you please add MTF option in the indicator. Also if possible, a sound alert at the cross of the lines. Again Thanks very much.

Wishing everybody at Forex Station a very happy Christmas and a great New Year.