Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Pauliz wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:25 pm I dunno, I find the signals pretty reliable even in the mess of consolidation zones. A difficulty in these times though is keeping one's head. Like your idea of a buy-and-sleep strategy, though prolly works better in hindsight.
Well, hindsight wasn't really necessary, I think.
example US500:
a) D TF downward move rejected at 4305
b) H4: higher low on each consecutive day (you could have used a TL to indicate this)
c) so an entry on H1, M15, M5 would have been possible around 4306 (also one day earlier)
d) and, yes, there also was divergence
This would have worked with or without "the beauty of the (Xard) system".
By the way - what goes up, must come down - almost the same method would have worked downwards (as this was a range with pretty defined extremes).
(He wrote one book on trends, one book on reversals and for this you needed the one on ranges:
Al Brooks: Trading Price Action Trading Ranges: Technical Analysis of Price Charts Bar by Bar for the Serious Trader)

josi wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:46 pm Well, hindsight wasn't really necessary, I think.
example US500:
b) H4: higher low on each consecutive day (you could have used a TL to indicate this)
c) so an entry on H1, M15, M5 would have been possible around 4306 (also one day earlier)
This would have worked with or without "the beauty of the (Xard's) system".
By the way - what goes up, must come down - almost the same method would have worked downward
All good points. Many ways to skin a cat, and all that. Oh yeah, and thanks for those book recommends....

josi wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:46 pm Well, hindsight wasn't really necessary, I think.
example US500:
d) and, yes, there also was divergence
This would have worked with or without "the beauty of the (Xard) system".
By the way - what goes up, must come down - almost the same method would have worked downwards (as this was a range with pretty defined extremes).
(He wrote one book on trends, one book on reversals and for this you needed the one on ranges:
Al Brooks: Trading Price Action Trading Ranges: Technical Analysis of Price Charts Bar by Bar for the Serious Trader)
Thanks for the books you recommended...
These users thanked the author maroka for the post:
Pauliz

sudhindragk wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:58 pm My dear ForexMan888 ...it is not the system that needs improvement ...it is us that needs improvement.

Only then we can make money !

I still make mistakes , i still consult the experts ...but if i can do it anybody can.

You can see some kickbacks from Aug16 to till date : Just US30 !
Regards
SK
Thanks dear for the report, you have a tremendous result, congratulations.
I agree limit only in my head and laziness)
I think crosant this system with your indicators, when it turns out an excellent system, I'm in the search.
Undoubtedly what Xard does is a great contribution, thank you so much, he will be rewarded.But criticism is important, it stimulates to improve.

maroka wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:15 pm Took the trade from the second dot... Down and up we go..
Took a sell off the second orange dot.. but with the white dot appearing, I don't know if price is going to move higher, hence making the white dot a second dot off the first orange dot..

Market is currently calm, will post update on the outcome.
Attachments
These users thanked the author maroka for the post (total 4):
sudhindragk, Jimmy, ChuChu Rocket, moey_dw

LikeRe: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

maroka wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:57 pm Took a sell off the second orange dot.. but with the white dot appearing, I don't know if price is going to move higher, hence making the white dot a second dot off the first orange dot..

Market is currently calm, will post update on the outcome.
Great stuff. You're still in the trade yeah? Thanks for posting your chart man, it should continue to the downside soon 🙏
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post (total 2):
moey_dw, maroka
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎