Re: Volatility Indicators for MT4

whiplashtm wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:11 pm Would love to have mladens "Dual Ulcer Index" indicator updated with newest prices and averages.

I also "discovered" an interesting interaction with moving averages attached to it (top sub-window). I don't know if this is a valid way of using it. But could I have the option to use different averages like this also? (+OMA and Jurik average if you can).

On top of that I would really really love to have a smoothing option, maybe just a simple ema or/and jurik smoothing.
I feel like I'm asking for to much here, please tell me if so.
Added the prices and for an experiment added smoothing.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 12):
Milad8732, whiplashtm, Jimmy, Thangarasu, moey_dw, A_5, talaate, RplusT, trailingedge, michaelB, pipsquirrel, Jedidiah

mrtools wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:43 am Added the prices and for an experiment added smoothing.
Very cool and unique indicator! Thank you so much mrtools.

But as you can see if we add a MA (in this case LWMA) to the indicator (top window) it smooths out the jaggedness of the indicator. I believe the added MA is following the blue line in the original indicator (like a signal line).

If you added a signal line to be used instead of the original line, couldn't we add different MA calculations for the signal line? Like OMA/Jurik or any other type of MA (or even smoothing?). It wouldn't add smoothness to the overall indicator (only to the signal line) but would generally give smoothness and different MA versions to the indicator.. But my coding knownledge is very limited - so what do I know, lol!

Edit: Also isn't it possible to add different MA's to the experimental smoothing you allready added? Appreciate all you work!
Attachments
These users thanked the author whiplashtm for the post (total 3):
Jimmy, myrx, dmnik

mrtools wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:43 am Added the prices and for an experiment added smoothing.
beast of a trend indi this................ no doubt a best setting can be achieved using INVERTED ULCER INDEX CALCULATION option!! cos trends stand out more here see chart ;) ;) ;)

thx mrtoolz!!
Attachments
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post:
Jimmy
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

moey_dw wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:39 pm beast of a trend indi this................ no doubt a best setting can be achieved using INVERTED ULCER INDEX CALCULATION option!! cos trends stand out more here see chart ;) ;) ;)

thx mrtoolz!!
whiplashtm wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:57 am Edit: Also isn't it possible to add different MA's to the experimental smoothing you allready added? Appreciate all you work!
That's a very cool chart Mr Whiplash, love that color scheme. Great feedback as well from yourself and Moey. We need more posts like these! :thumbup:
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
whiplashtm
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

whiplashtm wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:57 am Very cool and unique indicator! Thank you so much mrtools.

But as you can see if we add a MA (in this case LWMA) to the indicator (top window) it smooths out the jaggedness of the indicator. I believe the added MA is following the blue line in the original indicator (like a signal line).

If you added a signal line to be used instead of the original line, couldn't we add different MA calculations for the signal line? Like OMA/Jurik or any other type of MA (or even smoothing?). It wouldn't add smoothness to the overall indicator (only to the signal line) but would generally give smoothness and different MA versions to the indicator.. But my coding knownledge is very limited - so what do I know, lol!

Edit: Also isn't it possible to add different MA's to the experimental smoothing you allready added? Appreciate all you work!
Added all the averages for smoothing. Attaching the original document by Peter G. Martin that describes Ulcer Index and its original usage in detail.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
whiplashtm, myrx, pipsquirrel

mrtools wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:15 am Added all the averages for smoothing. Attaching the original document by Peter G. Martin that describes Ulcer Index and its original usage in detail.
Thanks mrtools! Appreciate it! And very interesting reading of the original indicator and usage aswell!

Since we're already in the volatility subject - I've for some time been wondering if this indicator could use the FEMA (a new favourite of mine) calculation than the standard ema calc. Another masterpiece coded by mladen. The indicator could also use slopecoloring if you don't mind.
These users thanked the author whiplashtm for the post:
alexm

Moving AveragesRe: Volatility Indicators for MT4

whiplashtm wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:06 am Thanks mrtools! Appreciate it! And very interesting reading of the original indicator and usage aswell!
Sorry for small off topic @whiplash - I am super curious which on graph channel indicator do you use. :'D It looks like jma bands. Can you help me out?
Sorry again for the trouble on this beautiful summertime Sunday.
Sincerely - myrx

myrx wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:48 am Sorry for small off topic @whiplash - I am super curious which on graph channel indicator do you use. :'D It looks like jma bands. Can you help me out?
Sorry again for the trouble on this beautiful summertime Sunday.
Sincerely - myrx
These users thanked the author whiplashtm for the post (total 6):
myrx, vvFish, Jackson Doh, optionhk, dmnik, A_5