NO LINKS, SOURCE CODE REQUESTS OR MODIFICATION OF DECOMPILED INDICATORS. To avoid post deletion please follow the rules.

Re: Volatility Indicators for MT4

whiplashtm wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:11 pm
Would love to have mladens "Dual Ulcer Index" indicator updated with newest prices and averages.

I also "discovered" an interesting interaction with moving averages attached to it (top sub-window). I don't know if this is a valid way of using it. But could I have the option to use different averages like this also? (+OMA and Jurik average if you can).

On top of that I would really really love to have a smoothing option, maybe just a simple ema or/and jurik smoothing.
I feel like I'm asking for to much here, please tell me if so.
Added the prices and for an experiment added smoothing.
dual ulcer index (alerts).ex4
(38.32 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
EURUSDM15.png

mrtools wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:43 am
Very cool and unique indicator! Thank you so much mrtools.

But as you can see if we add a MA (in this case LWMA) to the indicator (top window) it smooths out the jaggedness of the indicator. I believe the added MA is following the blue line in the original indicator (like a signal line).

If you added a signal line to be used instead of the original line, couldn't we add different MA calculations for the signal line? Like OMA/Jurik or any other type of MA (or even smoothing?). It wouldn't add smoothness to the overall indicator (only to the signal line) but would generally give smoothness and different MA versions to the indicator.. But my coding knownledge is very limited - so what do I know, lol!

Edit: Also isn't it possible to add different MA's to the experimental smoothing you allready added? Appreciate all you work!
dualulcerindex.png

mrtools wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:43 am
beast of a trend indi this................ no doubt a best setting can be achieved using INVERTED ULCER INDEX CALCULATION option!! cos trends stand out more here see chart ;) ;) ;)

thx mrtoolz!!
dual-ulcer-index-best-settings.png
Contribution Inspector & GIF Animator at your service👮

moey_dw wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:39 pm
beast of a trend indi this................ no doubt a best setting can be achieved using INVERTED ULCER INDEX CALCULATION option!! cos trends stand out more here see chart ;) ;) ;)

thx mrtoolz!!
whiplashtm wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:57 am
Edit: Also isn't it possible to add different MA's to the experimental smoothing you allready added? Appreciate all you work!
That's a very cool chart Mr Whiplash, love that color scheme. Great feedback as well from yourself and Moey. We need more posts like these! :thumbup:
Trade with the broker that supports our work! FBS are offering $140 to get you started! Click, here to begin live trading, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

How to: Draw Fibonacci Extensions the easy way
How to: Identify major Support & Resistance using the line chart

whiplashtm wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:57 am
Very cool and unique indicator! Thank you so much mrtools.

But as you can see if we add a MA (in this case LWMA) to the indicator (top window) it smooths out the jaggedness of the indicator. I believe the added MA is following the blue line in the original indicator (like a signal line).

If you added a signal line to be used instead of the original line, couldn't we add different MA calculations for the signal line? Like OMA/Jurik or any other type of MA (or even smoothing?). It wouldn't add smoothness to the overall indicator (only to the signal line) but would generally give smoothness and different MA versions to the indicator.. But my coding knownledge is very limited - so what do I know, lol!

Added all the averages for smoothing. Attaching the original document by Peter G. Martin that describes Ulcer Index and its original usage in detail.
dual ulcer - index averages (alerts).ex4
(130.56 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
ulcer_index.pdf
(104.84 KiB) Downloaded 98 times

mrtools wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:15 am
Added all the averages for smoothing. Attaching the original document by Peter G. Martin that describes Ulcer Index and its original usage in detail.
Thanks mrtools! Appreciate it! And very interesting reading of the original indicator and usage aswell!

Since we're already in the volatility subject - I've for some time been wondering if this indicator could use the FEMA (a new favourite of mine) calculation than the standard ema calc. Another masterpiece coded by mladen. The indicator could also use slopecoloring if you don't mind.
EMA deviation.mq4
(15.53 KiB) Downloaded 80 times

LoveRe: Volatility Indicators for MT4

whiplashtm wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:06 am
Thanks mrtools! Appreciate it! And very interesting reading of the original indicator and usage aswell!
Sorry for small off topic @whiplash - I am super curious which on graph channel indicator do you use. :'D It looks like jma bands. Can you help me out?
Sorry again for the trouble on this beautiful summertime Sunday.
Sincerely - myrx

1. Similar Topics

1. 0 Replies
    2. Volatility Speed Challenge. Indicator included!

0 Replies 629 Views

by Ogee, Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:00 pm in Trader's Lounge

0 Replies
    3. What are these indicators doing or made from?

1 Replies 2270 Views

by billbroch, Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:00 am in MT4 Indicators

1 Replies

Return to “MT4 Indicators”