Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

As you know we cannot back-test on mt4 because the strategy tester work only with one indicator
I m just wondering if anyone can convert XARD indicators or just the crucial of them to mt5 , so we can back-test and share the results
MT5 allow you to test multiple indicators at the same time
back-testing is where the confidence come
In my opinion this is a game changer for XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System traders
Attachments

oneking wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:14 am As you know we cannot back-test on mt4 because the strategy tester work only with one indicator
I m just wondering if anyone can convert XARD indicators or just the crucial of them to mt5 , so we can back-test and share the results
In my opinion this is a game changer for XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System traders
That's not true, you can backtest multiple indicators in Mt4, you just need soft4x simulator.
These users thanked the author thekamilxd for the post (total 2):
Musashi, oneking
Patience is Paid in Pips

oneking wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:20 am In my opinions the crucial indicators in XARD system and 100% of traders in this forum using them is :
1- the trend-lines indicator with candlestick color change in harmony
2- the simple semaphore indicator
3- the VQ
Hi oneking,
you can use this one here. Put the file in the Expert folder, template on the chart and there you go.
These users thanked the author Skyold for the post (total 5):
oneking, gamerredd, fadhayemustafa, msbh, Garg
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777

oneking wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:14 am As you know we cannot back-test on mt4 because the strategy tester work only with one indicator
This is how I backtest Xards system and it works perfectly on MT4. I use the attached indicator and set it to take a screenshot at my monitor's full resolution on every new bar. I have this running on a dedicated computer on all the symbols and time frames that interest me with my normal indicator setup. I have 2 MT4's running with one time frame on each as MT4 gets bogged down with more than about 8 charts open on one platform with this system.

The only problem is you can only test with the data you have stored from the day you started it. However, it gives you a 100% accurate image of the chart as it was at the time if you were trading it live.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 3):
optionhk, Musashi, oneking
nil desperandum

Mustafa wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:37 pm Yesterday took one trade when the market seemed to be trending and it provided a beautiful run.... However, I am still working on how to implement the compounding method into my trading... Any suggestion or guidance in that regard will be highly appreciated...
just use the 2% margin growth, what is important for novice is consistency.
These users thanked the author p1ps_surfer for the post (total 3):
Mustafa, gamerredd, Musashi

FourXXXX wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:35 am This is how I backtest Xards system and it works perfectly on MT4. I use the attached indicator and set it to take a screenshot at my monitor's full resolution on every new bar. I have this running on a dedicated computer on all the symbols and time frames that interest me with my normal indicator setup. I have 2 MT4's running with one time frame on each as MT4 gets bogged down with more than about 8 charts open on one platform with this system.

The only problem is you can only test with the data you have stored from the day you started it. However, it gives you a 100% accurate image of the chart as it was at the time if you were trading it live.
can u elaborate how this ss indi work? every new bar?
can i assume its work like offline chart?

p1ps_surfer wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:57 pm can u elaborate how this ss indi work? every new bar?
can i assume its work like offline chart?
No, it is not offline charts. As per my post "indicator and set it to take a screenshot at my monitor's full resolution on every new bar"

It saves a screenshot in your MQL4/Files folder on every new bar. You have to set the option in the settings also I set the screen resolution to match my monitor. Then use an image viewing app to step through image by image.
nil desperandum