Re: VQ - Volatility Quality Indicators MT4

mrtools wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:25 am Sorry missed this post, added the alerts.
Here is an interesting finding:
on my MT4 your VQ-nrp+arrows+mtf histo alerts
works on all instruments
except BRN (Brent Oil)
There are signals but they are totally different (if not wrong) from/compared to all the other instruments (indices or currency pairs).
Any ideas or explanations why that may be?

Just a little experimental stuff. Here's a Random walk index indicator that is using absolute error instead of High low range to construct the index. The results are different but good or bad that would require testing. It produces some big spikes(maybe root squaring values can also prevent that) so a maximum level is set to prevent display issue. As said it's just an experiment an can be improved by mathematical thinkers.

PS: For the Smoothed version, please see: Random Walk Index Smoothed for MT4.
These users thanked the author Darks for the post (total 9):
josi, YeshuaYoke, Jimmy, ChuChu Rocket, meda, pipsquirrel, berserkyjc, RodrigoRT7, Jedidiah

Darks wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:13 pm Just a little experimental stuff. Here,s a Random walk index indicator that is using absolute error instead of High low range to construct the index. The results are different but good or bad that would require testing. It produces some big spikes(maybe root squaring values can also prevent that) so a maximum level is set to prevent display issue. As said it,s just an experiment an can be improved by mathematical thinkers.
wow, looks good,

Darks wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:13 pm Just a little experimental stuff. Here's a Random walk index indicator that is using absolute error instead of High low range to construct the index. The results are different but good or bad that would require testing. It produces some big spikes(maybe root squaring values can also prevent that) so a maximum level is set to prevent display issue. As said it's just an experiment an can be improved by mathematical thinkers.
This is a good one. I love the smoothed version but I must say, I really do like this one as it produces different but good signals (and dare I say, a tiny bit less lag)! What a nice experiment.

Attaching the smoothed version (as posted by Mrtools) here for those who would like to use it.
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post (total 2):
vvFish, stereotomy
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

Darks wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:13 pm Just a little experimental stuff. Here's a Random walk index indicator that is using absolute error instead of High low range to construct the index. The results are different but good or bad that would require testing. It produces some big spikes(maybe root squaring values can also prevent that) so a maximum level is set to prevent display issue. As said it's just an experiment an can be improved by mathematical thinkers.
mrtools wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:26 am Added jurik smoothing.
Darks - very impressive idea
MrTools - the smoothing transforms this idea into a very impressive tool
Thanks to the both of you for doing this.
Attachments
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
moey_dw