Re: Range and Renko Indicators for MT4

pipsoffury wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:35 am There seems to be a lot of great indicators posted. Wondering if the original question that was asked was ever answered - a renko indicator that doesn't freeze the chart?

Thanks in advance.
Hi, not sure what you mean, not really had a problem with renko charts freezing.

Renko offline charts do use more mt4 resources than normal charts.

imo the renko chart building EAs for the Experts folder are a bit more stable than the renko chart builders that go in the Indicators folder, they seem to handle additional indicators better.

Renko charts labour when using 'Dynamic Zone' and 'Adaptive' type indicators.

MT4 labours trying to run more than 3 renko charts at once (price movement becomes 'sticky') but this is resolved by spreading renko charts over multiple mt4 terminals.

These are the 2 best EAs I've used (MathTrader7 recent updated version);
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post (total 3):
Nbats7979, Skyold, RodrigoRT7

Ogee wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:08 pm
Hi, not sure what you mean, not really had a problem with renko charts freezing.

Renko offline charts do use more mt4 resources than normal charts.

imo the renko chart building EAs for the Experts folder are a bit more stable than the renko chart builders that go in the Indicators folder, they seem to handle additional indicators better.

Renko charts labour when using 'Dynamic Zone' and 'Adaptive' type indicators.

MT4 labours trying to run more than 3 renko charts at once (price movement becomes 'sticky') but this is resolved by spreading renko charts over multiple mt4 terminals.

These are the 2 best EAs I've used (MathTrader7 recent updated version);
Just a quick question- do you find the renko charts keep you in a trade longer or filter out some of the noise a bit better than time based charts? On 2 min chart I cant see that much of a difference...
Attachments
These users thanked the author Nbats7979 for the post:
Ogee

Nbats7979 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:18 pm

Just a quick question- do you find the renko charts keep you in a trade longer or filter out some of the noise a bit better than time based charts? On 2 min chart I cant see that much of a difference...
The filter aspect is the more important for me, I tend to look to trade between levels and cutting down on the normal chart noise helps a lot.

Yes they do help to stay in trades longer though I tend to use levels based targets most of the time.
Attachments
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
Nbats7979

Ogee wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:45 pm
The filter aspect is the more important for me, I tend to look to trade between levels and cutting down on the normal chart noise helps a lot.

Yes they do help to stay in trades longer though I tend to use levels based targets most of the time.
Hi Ogee

Your DAX renko chart looks really clean, what settings and indicator are you using to generate it?

Thanks

Hi Ogee

Your DAX renko chart looks really clean, what settings and indicator are you using to generate it?

Thanks
[/quote]
Hi,
that one was the MathsTrader7 ea (see post above), set on 'non-gap' 3 tick (30 point) so the reversal bars are twice that (6 tick). Might be a bit too fast for some, the chart above only covers 30 minutes though it was during very high volatility on the London open today.

The levels are #SpudFibo, I also use Auto Pivot2 and Fractal S/R.

The RSI MA I'm just experimenting with.
------------------------------------------------------------------
edit 5/8/22:
Please download newer versions at:
viewtopic.php?p=1295476970#p1295476970

Thank you.

Aldriany wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:00 pm Good Day @mrtools,
Hope you're doing well!

I have this simple indicator which measure time/duration of renko candles. And it has 2 moving averages.
Could you please help to add alert : whenever the 1st MA (fast) crossing the 2nd MA (slow).

Many thanks!!!

--Aldrian--

Added the alerts, please verify they are working.