Re: VQ - Volatility Quality Indicators MT4

mrtools wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:28 am

Maybe a dynamic floating zero, but not sure how that would work with that indicator.
Yes, it mostly sits around zero, and sometimes the line changes color and slightly position even if the value is more or less unchanged. So I think there would have to be an upper and lower band to break through before a signal is registered.

There is already a filter setting for it. But even if it reduces the movement of the line, a signal is still a signal as long as the value is not zero. Could the filter be changed so that the value is exactly zero until it breaks out?

Or is it possible to modify the calculation to oscillate between 0 and a fixed number? That would make things easier for sure.

Forex6251 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:04 am

This is my first ever comment on this website hopefully im doing this right Mladden's VQ with the ATR filter it is a repainter!!!!! plz help!!!!!
Please post the version, and some proof about the repainting, because Mladen does not make repainting indicators, unless he specifically states that it repaints like Tma centered for example!
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
Jimmy, pipsquirrel

Darks wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:30 pm

It is not repainting but is having a refreshing issue. I'll try to fix that .

Thanks for catching it.
I knew something wasn't quite right! Your welcome I feel proud to have caught the mistake! I will keep a look out for the updated version!!!!
Happy Trading and Thanks to all you BAD A$$ CODERS OUT IN THE WORLD!!!!! MY ACCOUNT WOULDN'T GROW WITHOUT YALL MUCH LOVE FROM THE USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darks wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:42 am Hello everyone,

I am attaching the Mladens Volatility Quality Zero Line MT5 version which I have converted to MT4.

I hope it will help MT4 users.
Thank you for posting this for us Darks, it's a great conversion you've done :thumbup:
Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance