DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CODES OR REQUEST FOR DECOMPILED INDICATORS TO BE MODIFIED. To avoid post deletion please follow the rules.

Re: Step Indicators for MT4

YeshuaYoke wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:57 pm
mrtools.jpg strategy not running for me, could someone please advise me on what to do to get it running?
mrtools wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:08 pm
This is an EA using StepMa of rsi adaptive ema with a low modeling quality it back test pretty good, using default settings except take profit 100 and stop loss 100. Ea has break even option along with trailing stop,time filters, spread filter, etc.
Not sure, are you using a new version of mt4? Just tried back testing again and got this.
stepma rsi ema backtest.png

mrtools wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:32 pm
YeshuaYoke wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:57 pm
mrtools.jpg strategy not running for me, could someone please advise me on what to do to get it running?

Not sure, are you using a new version of mt4? Just tried back testing again and got this.
First trade. :stressed:
stepma rsi first.png

mrtools wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:41 am
mrtools wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:32 pm

Hi Mrtools,
I do back testing this EA, but no OP transaction in back testing.
is there any setting or others ?
Thanks,
Sakti

sakti wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:56 pm
mrtools wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:41 am

Hi Mrtools,
Thanks,
Sakti
Are you getting any errors in the journal tab?

mrtools wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:49 am
sakti wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:56 pm

Hi Mrtools,
Thanks,
Sakti
Are you getting any errors in the journal tab?
There are no errors

mrtools wrote:
This is an EA using StepMa of rsi adaptive ema with a low modeling quality it back test pretty good, using default settings except take profit 100 and stop loss 100. Ea has break even option along with trailing stop,time filters, spread filter, etc.
Hi,

It is my first post here. I would like to thank you for this great work.
Last night, I tested it for XAUUSD for a few months back at different TFs. It did good work.
I have one question:
Should I expect the opening of any order and the indicator alerts (color/direction change of the plot line) to be at the same time for the same settings in indicator and EA? If yes, I have some problem with the indicator as order openings and color change in the line plot are not at the same time.

nightvision wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:09 pm
mrtools wrote:
Hi,

Last night, I tested it for XAUUSD for a few months back at different TFs. It did good work.
I have one question:
Should I expect the opening of any order and the indicator alerts (color/direction change of the plot line) to be at the same time for the same settings in indicator and EA? If yes, I have some problem with the indicator as order openings and color change in the line plot are not at the same time.
The way the EA is coded to trade first bar after the color change. This is a trade it's in now.
smarsi ea.png

mrtools wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:19 am
nightvision wrote:

Hi,

I have one question:
The way the EA is coded to trade first bar after the color change. This is a trade it's in now.
Thank you. It is my fault. I set the variable "Bar To Use" to zero. Therefore, they did not match.
By the way, if you would update the EA in the future, could you please allow the change of EA comment by the user? and also adding Server Minute as well?
This EA combined with Step Kama or SuperTrend would be perfect for me.
Great work of you as usual. Thanks again.

Hi Mrtools,

The followings are some problems I have in EA of StepMa of rsi adaptive ema:
1. When I turn AutoTrading off, popup windows stating that autotrading is off appear for each chart. Even if I close them, they appear again after a while. Is it possible to disable this warning?
2. It is not possible to add EA to a chart if Autotrading is off. A popup window appear saying "You need to enable Autotrading". I would like to add EA and set it when Autotrading is off.
3. I set the "Close on opposite signal" option as true. When a trade is open and running, it is closed due to opposite signal. It is good. However, it does not open a new trade in the opposite signal. I would like to have it opened when the direction reverse happens. Probably, if I choose max trades as 2, it may open the reverse trade while closing the current trade. But, I would like to have max trades as 1.
4. In the expert tab, There are many errors of "Failed to select order()". See the picture.

I will be pleased, if you could fix above mentioned points. Furthermore, the following extensions would be nice:
Changeable EA comment
Server time with minutes
Option to open new trade in the current direction in the next signal candle after one trade is closed
Sending e-mail/push when a new trade is opened

One question:
The EA is using automagic. Lets say I have two identical chart (same pair, same TF). If I place the EA to these two charts, does it cause any problem (magic number conflict, etc.) or both chart will work? I ask this, as I might run one of them with fix TP, while the other with trailing.

Thank you in advance...
MetaTrader 4.png

mrtools wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:19 am
nightvision wrote:

Hi,

I have one question:
Heloo

It may be a little help . She does not start EA .
EA and the indicator are placed correctly and AutoTrading is running .
I attached 2 Screenshots .

Thank you !
Capture2.PNG
Capture1.PNG

1. Similar Topics

1. need help with Step MA V7

0 Replies 588 Views

by ionone, Wed May 08, 2019 10:45 pm in MT5 Indicators

0 Replies
    2. Various Indicators - (MT5)

2 Replies 2140 Views

by mntiwana, Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:39 am in MT5 Indicators