Relative Strength Rank

Here is an interesting indicator which was translated & coded for MT4 by Mladen called the Relative Strength Rank.

The RS Rank indicator is actually a ranking tool which is used to compare a group of Stocks, ETFs or Futures Contracts to determine which specific instrument is performing best. The indicator creates a score based upon the symbols historical price movement.

As explained by Mladen in our saved notes:
Used default parameters but added options to change all the parameters used in calculation from the first link you posted, and embellished it a bit compared to the code you posted.

Also added something that does not exist in the original - price (price used in calculation of ROC) smoothing. Here is an example of an 2 period price smoothed RSR from the above example - it seems that the price smoothing (mild price smoothing) adds to readability of the indicator and adds only minimal or no lag at all.
Relative Strength Rank indicator for MT4.png
relative_strength_rank.mq4
(3.61 KiB) Downloaded 343 times
Myfxbook live trading results (new 2019 account coming soon)
Need custom MT4 coding? Send a PM to Mrtools or post here for a quote!

LSMA Trend Channel

This is the Least Square Moving Average channelled made by Mladen for MT4 and is an excellent tool for trading trends and timing swing trading entries.

As explained by Mladen:
Well, first version of LSMA trend was posted long time ago and it was made only to show what some other indicator was about. In the mean time it was renamed (surprise, surprise ... :) ) and posted as something different while nothing at all was changed in it.

The main problem (in my opinion) with the old version was the "oversensitivity" since all it is looking for is a slope of linear regression value (LSMA == linear regression value). This version is a possible way to avoid that "oversensitivity" and ads a kind of a filter on it that might help in avoiding "insignificant" changes.
LSMA Trend Channel for MT4 No Repaint.png
lsma_trend_-_channeled.ex4
(21.6 KiB) Downloaded 693 times

Trend Analysis Index

This is the Trend Analysis Index which was coded by Mladen for MT4 & is a solid-performing, non-repainting indicator which is suitable for novice traders who are trying to learn how to trade trends and time entries. Even though it was coded back in 2011, a handful of the Forex-TSD traders like fxnewbie began using this over the traditional MACD.

Tarpan Forex-TSD on Trend Analysis Index by Mladen for MT4.jpg

As explained by Mladen:
Trend Analysis Index

This one was initially developed a long time ago (by Adam White), but my search for it on Metatrader did not give any results, so here it is for Metatrader 4 too ...

PS: Default Ma Length in the original is 20 but I decided to use 10 instead. Also, the original uses simple moving average for calculation (MaMode 0) but you might experiment with different modes - might give interesting results (like the example bellow : EMA mode (MaMode 1) and TaiLength 10). So, now we have it for metatrader too. At a first glance it looks useful. Maybe it helps someone in trading
TAI Trend Analysis Index indicator for MT4.png
trend_analysis_index.mq4
(4.05 KiB) Downloaded 469 times

Re: LSMA Trend Channel

Jimmy wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:33 pm
This is the Least Square Moving Average channelled made by Mladen for MT4 and is an excellent tool for trading trends and timing swing trading entries.

As explained by Mladen:
Well, first version of LSMA trend was posted long time ago and it was made only to show what some other indicator was about. In the mean time it was renamed (surprise, surprise ... :) ) and posted as something different while nothing at all was changed in it.

The main problem (in my opinion) with the old version was the "oversensitivity" since all it is looking for is a slope of linear regression value (LSMA == linear regression value). This version is a possible way to avoid that "oversensitivity" and ads a kind of a filter on it that might help in avoiding "insignificant" changes.
Jimmy, I am loving this. Is there a way to add alerts and maybe arrows to this please?? It is showing great promise for catching reversals quicker than other tools.

Re: Trend Indicators for MT4 Moderators

rain wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:47 pm
Jimmy, I am loving this. Is there a way to add alerts and maybe arrows to this please?? It is showing great promise for catching reversals quicker than other tools.
Rain! That is an excellent idea man and thanks for letting us know that you're liking this indicator.

I'm really hoping Mrtools still has a MQL4 version of the file so some upgrades can be applied :)

Re: Trend Analysis Index

rain wrote:
Jimmy wrote:

As explained by Mladen:

Added arrows,alerts, and made it more user friendly.
trend analysis index (alerts + arrows).ex4
(36.03 KiB) Downloaded 516 times
tai.png

mrtools wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:24 am
rain wrote:

Just realized i did the wrong indicator will try and find the source and add alerts.

Re: Trend Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:24 am
Thank you Mrtools for this upgrading this one too (especially the user-friendly options) :)

rain wrote:
Jimmy wrote:

As explained by Mladen:

Added alerts,arrows, and made it more user friendly.
lsma trend - channeled (alerts + arrows).ex4
(28.42 KiB) Downloaded 550 times
lsma trend channeled.png

1. Similar Topics

1. TREND FOLLOWING SYSTEM USING MLADEN'S AND MRTOOL'S INDICATORS

44 Replies 25972 Views

by rijay, Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:51 pm in Trading Systems

44 Replies
    2. Trend Strength And Heatmap indicators thread

42 Replies 16058 Views

by rijay, Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:05 pm in MT4 Indicators

42 Replies