Synthetic VIX for MT4

Mladen has been creating some interesting MT5 indicators lately and Mrtools has been working hard with the MT4 conversions and also adding extra features that would be useful for all traders :ugeek:

Synthetic VIX (Volatility Index) based on Larry Williams' Technical Analysis of STOCKS & COMMODITIES article "Fix the VIX"

When it comes to describing what markets do, Bernard Baruch said it best: "Markets fluctuate."

That idea is embodied in the Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE) Volatility Index (VIX), which has become a very popular measure of market risk since it was introduced in 1993. The VIX, which is derived from the implied volatility of stock index options, is intended to represent traders' expectations of volatility over the next 30 days.

Essentially, the VIX reflects investor fear — high readings are associated with high-volatility conditions (and market bottoms) while low readings are associated with low-volatility conditions (and market tops).

Unfortunately, the VIX is calculated only for the S&P 500 Index, NASDAQ Composite Index, and the Dow Jones Industrial Average. What about other markets?

Luckily, it is easy to duplicate the VIX for any market — Treasury bonds, gold, silver, soybeans, even individual stocks — with a simple formula.

This version upgraded by Mrtools includes additional options such as:

• Bands display for further clarity on "Volatility"
  • Display as Stochastic
  • Adjustable parameters

These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 9):
moey_dw, appsoluxions, Krelian99, MicroLite, reachme, anka97, heispark, Lodi, Jedidiah
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Re: Synthetic VIX for MT4

Jimmy wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:14 pm Mladen has been creating some interesting MT5 indicators lately and Mrtools has been working hard with the MT4 conversions and also adding extra features that would be useful for all traders :ugeek:
Very nice scalping/swing-trading tool you have there. Others may use it as flat market indication (on the pic a value below 20). ADX is for kids ;) but this is definitely an indicators that stay more than 10min on my charts :D Do you know whether RSI/X or (normalized)MACD would make sense to combine with or maybe are planned?

These users thanked the author Krelian99 for the post (total 5):
Jimmy, Dimitri, moey_dw, nathanvbasko, Jedidiah

Re: Various indicators

synthetic vix invertable
A bit older (with out slope coloring) but extended version by Mladen
capable for inversion and multi symbol select able choice
These users thanked the author mntiwana for the post (total 4):
Jimmy, reachme, Krelian99, moey_dw
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Re: Various indicators

As one of our pretty member asked in pm
Time frame indicator - customizable time boxes on any chart - apply any higher TF boxes on any current TF
so posting here all versions of "GG-TimeBox" indicator - that were extended by kind Mladen
GG-TimeBox
These users thanked the author mntiwana for the post:
moey_dw
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Krelian99 wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:26 pm

Very nice scalping/swing-trading tool you have there. Others may use it as flat market indication (on the pic a value below 20). ADX is for kids ;) but this is definitely an indicators that stay more than 10min on my charts :D Do you know whether RSI/X or (normalized)MACD would make sense to combine with or maybe are planned?

VIX.png

vixfix.pdf
Dear Krelian,
thank you for your post .... i would like to ask if is that possible to share the "Stochastic Synthetic Vix" used in your chart ???
Best Regards
Dimitri

Dimitri wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:35 am Dear Krelian,
thank you for your post .... i would like to ask if is that possible to share the "Stochastic Synthetic Vix" used in your chart ???
Best Regards
Dimitri
Grudgingly... no, just kidding. The pic Jimmy posted is the SyntheticVIX for MT5 but the indi is that you see on my chart. I set period to 20 and Stochastic true. The indi Nas posted after my post is nearly the same but without slope color. For his mirror interpretation better.