Re: Experiments ...

TEAMTRADER wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 7:23 pm I am baffled as I have tried it on 3 separate platforms and it does not work. I can get over it by adapting a new template so it is not insurmountable.
Thanks all
TEAMTRADER
Hi Mladen, I am facing similar as problems TeamTrader - getting the TMAdCG Mlade, TM55 and TMA + CG to work on some platforms. These indicators do not appear to be coded by you. Any chance you could look to see what the coding problems could be that prevent them from showing up on some MT4 platforms? Thanks
Jozo

Jozo wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:40 am Hi Mladen, I am facing similar as problems TeamTrader - getting the TMAdCG Mlade, TM55 and TMA + CG to work on some platforms. These indicators do not appear to be coded by you. Any chance you could look to see what the coding problems could be that prevent them from showing up on some MT4 platforms? Thanks
Jozo
I think the answer was to compile the indicators - and then to put something incorrect like '1234' on one of the lines within the code, remove the incorrect item and compile again and the indicators work as they should.
TEAMTRADER

Jozo wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:40 am Hi Mladen, I am facing similar as problems TeamTrader - getting the TMAdCG Mlade, TM55 and TMA + CG to work on some platforms. These indicators do not appear to be coded by you. Any chance you could look to see what the coding problems could be that prevent them from showing up on some MT4 platforms? Thanks
Jozo
jozo

Mostly in the last build 1090 there is a bug in metatrader 4 that causes that
Check this thread Metatrader 4 build 1090 bug fix ... for the answer

MLaden,
2 questions:
1. Is there some reason why this indictor occasionally freezes offline charts?
2. Is there something I can do to avoid this occasional freezing?
Whilst it does repaint the signal on screen on occasions it is very useful both as an entry and exit as it rarely repaints.
Thanks
TEAMTRADER
PS
I have tried it without any other indicators on chart so the freezing problem is definitely this indicator.

TEAMTRADER wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:27 am TMAdCG mladen.mq4MLaden,
2 questions:
1. Is there some reason why this indictor occasionally freezes offline charts?
2. Is there something I can do to avoid this occasional freezing?
Whilst it does repaint the signal on screen on occasions it is very useful both as an entry and exit as it rarely repaints.
Thanks
TEAMTRADER
PS
I have tried it without any other indicators on chart so the freezing problem is definitely this indicator.
Teamtrader,
I also use this indicator and find it to be very useful in finding targets and turning points.
Thanks always to Mladen.

1. This indicator is quite demanding. I find it useful to add more than one one TF to determine local price direction and future price direction and my MT4 cannot support more than 4-5 bands before it freezes. I also cannot get an offline chart in strategy tester to work with it. It is the nature of MT4. Are you using the offline chart to get a higher TF while testing?

2. Probably not; maybe a more powerful PC can do it.
While the historical band positions don't recalculate at all (I think?), in a sharp upturn or downturn, the first 6-7 bars of the band's position (do you know the exact number, Mladen?) can move away from past price. On higher timeframes this can have a big effect. This does not make it less useful, but it is important to be aware.