Re: Volume Indicators for MT4

Yes, I love volume and without I feel naked or blind, and I don't like flying blind. NTL, where to start? Volume is an huge field to play on and traders needs long long time to understand and to master. I talked to some old guys in trading and most don't use volume. Most say in FX volume makes no sense. The fewest gave it a change, but who do are astonished in the end and wonder why they have overseen it all the time. When I say volume I mean tick volume, actually I prefer ticks than real volume. When a contract is filled, the market moves and at certain spots the market oscillates quickly generating ticks, but this is nothing different as the struggle of Bulls and Bears. In trends are no struggles, that's why a trend is boring, it's just the way between struggling areas. There are some different approaches to handle volume. Volume alone makes no sense, you have to combine it with other approaches, but it will be the leading indicator. Then it helps predicting and reading the market. Volume moves price, it's the fuel or the potential flow in a physical sense.
The point is there is no possibility to automate trading with volume and there are so many indis failing with (as "volume as a base to calculate price & trend"), e.g. smoothing volume. There is a reason because there are peaks or valleys at certain spots. When you understand this you get to know what FX really is and that it is good for us that the market is 'rigged'. Volume or ticks are the footprints money maker leave and there is no other way to see that.
These users thanked the author Krelian99 for the post (total 2):
berserkyjc, myrelax82

Dear Krelian99 , Thank you for your reply and Mr. mntiwana XXX was more to do with " xxx return of the xander " xxx = extreme then anything else ..ha ha ha ...
Mr. Krelian99 the logic which people do not understand about volume is they being confused about many other things like if its egg or chicken first situation but the logic is quite crystal clear as follows“Stocks do not rise in price unless demand exceeds supply . Stock do not fall in price until supply exceeds demand . Demand is measured in volume and supply is also measured in volume and thus volume must precede price.”

Sir the image that i have attached has a indicator named " COLSVolumeV2.3 "  i have tried my best to find indicator or any other indicator based on the same logic which clears the noise from the volume and only gives you major transactions done on the bottoms and tops ...  

gelsas wrote:
please explain the marked trades, not always sure what your criteria was here, but it looks good. What tf is that ?

Attachments

Thank you Mrtools for your contribution . Sir i am looking for a volume indicator which clears noise from the market and shows only major deals , transactions that happen which are shown on the chart in the form of big volume spike something like the indicator will only show the big buy or sell volume and filter the noise created buy normal traders by not showing their buy sell activity at all or in the form of very small spikes . The chart given below give a rough estimate . if you or anyone has any indicator which is similar or NEAR similar to this logic request you to kindly post
 Thank you . To summarize:Real Volume shows how many currency units tradedTransactions show how many orders executedTick Volume shows how often prices updated

mrtools wrote:Bornleader, thanks for starting this thread, have these 2 created by Mladen.

Attachments

i don't know how this happened but in the subject line i had posted the subject as " POST HERE EVERYTHING RELATED TO VOLUME ..INCLUDING IMPULSES , APEX , PEAKS & VALLEYS ETC " BUT ITS GOT CHANGED TO " POST HERE EVERYTHING RELATED TO LEGUMES ..INCLUDING IMPILSES , APEX , PEAKS & VALLEYS ETC " can some one help it changing it back to " POST HERE EVERYTHING RELATED TO VOLUME ..INCLUDING IMPULSES , APEX , PEAKS & VALLEYS ETC "  please 

Bornleader wrote:i don't know how this happened but in the subject line i had posted the subject as " POST HERE EVERYTHING RELATED TO VOLUME ..INCLUDING IMPULSES , APEX , PEAKS & VALLEYS ETC " BUT ITS GOT CHANGED TO " POST HERE EVERYTHING RELATED TO LEGUMES ..INCLUDING IMPILSES , APEX , PEAKS & VALLEYS ETC " can some one help it changing it back to " POST HERE EVERYTHING RELATED TO VOLUME ..INCLUDING IMPULSES , APEX , PEAKS & VALLEYS ETC "  please 
Done. Minus the CAPS.
Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance