Re: FXSurf WaveTrend System

friend4you wrote:Interesting. What do you think of the wavetrend indicator 1.4 on first page here:

It's for your pc better, if you use different templates instead of same indicators 6x, but only on some timeframes visible.
That's a previous version of WT, however as you can see in the template i have it set as a simple oscillator.

As far as using different templates for different TF, that's up to personal preference. My systems have no problem running up to 10 different MT4 instances displaying 6 pairs at a time. I also like having the ability of switching TF's without having to open another profile/template 
Attachments

FXSurf wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:37 am That's a previous version of WT, however as you can see in the template i have it set as a simple oscillator.
Excellent, FXSurf. Thank you for sharing.

By the way, IMHO, it's not suitable for back testing. As you know, higher TF lines recalculate untill their bars close. If you watch 1h and 4h lines at 15m chart, the recalculation could be huge.

Thanks.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci

heispark wrote:Excellent, FXSurf. Thank you for sharing. By the way, IMHO, it's not suitable for back testing. As you know, higher TF lines recalculate untill their bars close. If you watch 1h and 4h lines at 15m chart, the recalculation could be huge. Thanks.
Of course, that's why i using another filter for confirmation (in this case the three EMA's) is essential. 

When I see the current TF's WT start to diverge against the higher TF WT, and EMA's are in agreement then that's a signal for me to look for possible swing.

And as for any other system, before entry you have to consider upcoming data. Rarely if ever will I trade a potential swing prior to data release.

FXSurf wrote:
Of course, that's why i using another filter for confirmation (in this case the three EMA's) is essential. 

When I see the current TF's WT start to diverge against the higher TF WT, and EMA's are in agreement then that's a signal for me to look for possible swing.

And as for any other system, before entry you have to consider upcoming data. Rarely if ever will I trade a potential swing prior to data release.
Oh, i see. Thank you for details! :)
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci

FXSurf wrote:

Thanks for sharing key notices :)
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

heispark wrote: Oh, i see. Thank you for details! :)
If im on the 15m candle then i want to look for divergences occurring. If i short I want at least the 15m and 1HWT above 50% and the 15m WT diverging. If long just the opposite.

The higher TF WT indicates the overall trend. In this case the 4H. So if its sloping down then trade accordingly. 

In case of the 1H TF i look at the daily WT direction slope yet look for large divergences on the 1H against the 4H.
Attachments
These users thanked the author FXSurf for the post:
som3nam3