MagnifyRepaint Tester v1.00

Repaint Tester for MT4

Hi

I made an indicator that can test with 100% confidence if an indi is a repainter or not

Just put the right settings and run the indicator in the strategy tester (any TF)

wait for 100 bars (or the number you define), and check the results in the logs every N bars

Settings

extern string IndiName = "";
put here the indi name to test

extern string buffersToTest = "0,1,2,3";
put the buffer numbers you want to check, separated by commas

extern int verifyEveryNBars = 100;//Verify Repainting Every N Bars
it will compare recorded and retrieved values every N bars

extern int precision = 1;// precision (multiples of Point value)
Precision of the test. For convenience I use "Point()" value for checking if values are identical or not.

extern bool printDetail = false;
if you want the detail of both values, from the recorded ones to the retrieved ones.

extern bool skipFirstValue = true; //skip first value (because can be different even on non-repainters)
I recommend leaving it to TRUE, because you can have sometimes a different value of the very first value even with non-repainters (don't ask me why)

example :

indicator ddd (non repainter). 4 buffers

results :

Code: Select all

CheckForRepainting GBPUSD,H1: NON-REPAINTER
CheckForRepainting GBPUSD,H1: Buffer n°4 (which index is 3) has repainted 0 values over 100 values
CheckForRepainting GBPUSD,H1: Buffer n°3 (which index is 2) has repainted 0 values over 100 values
CheckForRepainting GBPUSD,H1: Buffer n°2 (which index is 1) has repainted 0 values over 100 values
CheckForRepainting GBPUSD,H1: Buffer n°1 (which index is 0) has repainted 0 values over 100 values

indicator hp-t01 (repainter) 1 buffer

results :

CheckForRepainting GBPUSD,H1: REPAINTER
CheckForRepainting GBPUSD,H1: Buffer n°1 (which index is 0) has repainted 99 values over 100 values

MagnifyRe: Repaint Tester v1.00

ionone wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:50 pm I made an indicator that can test with 100% confidence if an indi is a repainter or not
Stickied! Thanks Jeff this is one great tool.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
13Play13
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Re: Repaint Tester v1.00

ionone wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:50 pm Hi

I made an indicator that can test with 100% confidence if an indi is a repainter or not
Just put the right settings and run the indicator in the strategy tester (any TF)
wait for 100 bars (or the number you define), and check the results in the logs every N bars
What a great contribution to traders

Thanks Ionone for your gift and immensley useful tool

IdeaRe: Repaint Tester v1.00

ionone wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:50 pm settings :
extern string IndiName = "";
put here the indi name to test
I love the initiative but this tool seems harder to use than manually checking on the M1 timeframe if an indicator is repainting 😔

Jeff, is there a way to make this simpler for new traders? Like, displaying text on the chart that says "Repainting" or "Non-repainting"?

Now that would be a game-changer and I would be your friend forever haha 🤝
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

IndicatorRe: Repaint Tester v1.00

ionone wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:51 pm nope you can't as far as I know
Hi there,

I hope to get some advice about the following test results, please.

Buffer 2 and 3 of the Elliot Oscillator Waves 1.05 MTF (btn) have been tested. The results are as follows.

2023.03.12 11:48:04.546	2020.02.18 00:30:00  CheckForRepainting XAUUSD,M30: Buffer n°1 (which index is 2) has repainted 8 values over 100 values
2023.03.12 11:48:04.546	2020.02.18 00:30:00  CheckForRepainting XAUUSD,M30: Buffer n°2 (which index is 3) has repainted 3 values over 100 values
Does it indicate the buffer 2 and 3 repaint?

Would you advise the non-repaint alternative Elliot Oscillator Waves?

Kind Regards,