QuestionRe: Something interesting please post here (Metatrader)

mladen wrote:Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:21 am Yes it makes sense
It will be made :)
Hello again Mladen

When you make the mtf version for the choppiness index,and if you have time and deem the concept interesting enough I would like to suggest that you try to make a cumulative version of it,in a meter version .The idea is to find both Extreme Contraction and Extreme Expansion by having on M1 a meter signalling for M1,M5,M15,M30,H1....etc If these timeframes are either below 38.2 or above 61.8 or in limbo...Then when,for example,ALL the chosen timeframes are above 61.8%,print on the chart an alarm/arrow/signal indicating that a fast move may be inminent since the market is dull on all timeframes(extreme contraction)...OR When all are below 38.2 that end of trend may be inminent so profit taking or even a reversal may be in order.

The concept is to use extreme contraction and expansion both to finetune a better entry/exit AND to detect moves with better potential due to severe imbalance by the different timeframe players.

S

Re: Something interesting please post here (Metatrader)

Simba wrote:Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:45 am

Hello again Mladen

When you make the mtf version for the choppiness index,and if you have time and deem the concept interesting enough I would like to suggest that you try to make a cumulative version of it,in a meter version.The idea is to find both Extreme Contraction and Extreme Expansion by having on M1 a meter signalling for M1,M5,M15,M30,H1....etc If these timeframes are either below 38.2 or above 61.8 or in limbo...Then when,for example,ALL the chosen timeframes are above 61.8%,print on the chart an alarm/arrow/signal indicating that a fast move may be inminent since the market is dull on all timeframes(extreme contraction)...OR When all are below 38.2 that end of trend may be inminent so profit taking or even a reversal may be in order.

The concept is to use extreme contraction and expansion both to finetune a better entry/exit AND to detect moves with better potential due to severe imbalance by the different timeframe players.

S
S

Since there are multiple ways to "cumulate" which version do you have in mind?

Re: Something interesting please post here (Metatrader)

mladen wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:46 pm

S

Since there are multiple ways to "cumulate" which version do you have in mind?

Boxter mentioned it a while ago at forex-tsd

I am trying to replicate the concept included in the above pdf.It uses Hurst Exponent extremes,and even if it does not say so in the pdf, on several timeframes SIMULTANEOUSLY.
That means when you have a signal for extreme expansion or compression on H1(for example),it means that on that bar there were simultaneous extremes on M30,M15,M5,M1...But I think it will be more practical using it on a different fashion,will explain in a couple of paragraphs.

Both the choppiness index and the Hurst exponent can be considered measures of autocorrelation).In that sense the choppiness index is perfectly suited for the task,actually,I have tried to use several metatrader Hurst exponent versions to replicate Extreme Hurst to no avail and ,IMO,the choppiness index you programmed for metatrader is much better suited for the task.

The simplest way to do so(accumulate timeframes,visually),once you have the MTF version will be to use a meter version,please see attached idea
Of course if you can accumulate multiple timeframesignals so that,for example on M5,one can see a signal/arrow/tickmark the moment M5,M15,M30,H1 are ALL above 61.8% or below 38.2%,that would be a good option too,but I think a meter will be simpler and equally efficient.

S

These users thanked the author Simba for the post:
galaxy