Re: Velocity, Momentum & ROC Indicators for MT4

Continuing from the previous post.
You can see the differences btw the 2 indicators in the template and the screen shot i attached.

Thank you as always!
mrtools wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:57 am Added the prices and averages.
These users thanked the author msepf77 for the post:
太虚一毫

msepf77 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:59 am Continuing from the previous post.
You can see the differences btw the 2 indicators in the template and the screen shot i attached.

Thank you as always!
On the roc to match or get closer to a match you need to set the price smoothing to 1 then adjust the momentum levels, to match or close to match the roc can try setting the upper level at ,00025 and lower level to -.00025, and i got this.
Attachments
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
pipsquirrel

Dear Mr Tools,

The price smooting in my template is already set at 1. I tried with different levels, for some reason there are small differences in color changes of the two indicators.

Can you please possibly check the source code of the momentum_histo indicator? Do you think it's due to some rounding or is there a small difference in how the closing prices are calculated? (i always used, no smoothing and closing prices to compare the 2 indicators)

Thank you as always mestre!

mrtools wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:55 am On the roc to match or get closer to a match you need to set the price smoothing to 1 then adjust the momentum levels, to match or close to match the roc can try setting the upper level at ,00025 and lower level to -.00025, and i got this.

mrtools wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:57 am Added the prices and averages.
Dear Mr Tools,

This is wonderful indicator. I compared your indicator with the momentum_histo_1 indicator and prefer this one.

I'm aware of the forum rules so not asking for a mq4 version of this averages version. Can we possibly have a simplified Non-smoothed, non-averages version of this indicator with the up to date functionality of this one with the latest price types?

I have been looking for an up to date mq4 form simple roc indicator but couldnt find any in the forum. Thank you..

msepf77 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:00 am Dear Mr Tools,

This is wonderful indicator. I compared your indicator with the momentum_histo_1 indicator and prefer this one.

I'm aware of the forum rules so not asking for a mq4 version of this averages version. Can we possibly have a simplified Non-smoothed, non-averages version of this indicator with the up to date functionality of this one with the latest price types?

I have been looking for an up to date mq4 form simple roc indicator but couldnt find any in the forum. Thank you..
"Can we possibly have a simplified Non-smoothed, non-averages version of this indicator"
smoothing value to zero

msepf77 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:00 am Dear Mr Tools,

There is no reason to update anything, simply set the smoothing to 1 and that's it, as far as it not being the same as the momentum indicator I don't know.

mrtools wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:35 am There is no reason to update anything, simply set the smoothing to 1 and that's it, as far as it not being the same as the momentum indicator I don't know.
I think i couldnt explain myself sorry Mr Tools.

I'm looking for an up to date mq4 version, which alerts at certain levels. Can you add alert levels to this version too if it's ok for you?
I have been searching the internet for 10 days for a Roc/momentum mq4 version which alert at certain levels and has the latest price types...