Re: MT5 Heiken Ashi

Mr. Tools I thank you for adding the MTF, however, it is not working properly.

I tried in two different MT5 installations and I get the same behavior. It works when you set it to show the current timeframe, but if you choose to display another timeframe the histogram disappears.

I noticed that If I open another chart with the timeframe the indicator was supposed to show and I load some historical bars in it, the indicators then shows the histogram. I don´t know, maybe it was a coincidence, can´ t tell exactly when the indicator decides to work.

For example, I loaded the indicator on a 5min timeframe and set the indicator to show the 30min TF. The histogram disappears.

Then I open a 30min chart and start scrolling back, when new bars start appearing on history it seems that it triggers the indicator to work.
Alberto Gauer Borrego seller on MQL5 aka Rogue_Trader / LogicGate / Gauer

Rogue_Trader wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:18 pm Mr. Tools I thank you for adding the MTF, however, it is not working properly.

I tried in two different MT5 installations and I get the same behavior. It works when you set it to show the current timeframe, but if you choose to display another timeframe the histogram disappears.

I noticed that If I open another chart with the timeframe the indicator was supposed to show and I load some historical bars in it, the indicators then shows the histogram. I don´t know, maybe it was a coincidence, can´ t tell exactly when the indicator decides to work.

For example, I loaded the indicator on a 5min timeframe and set the indicator to show the 30min TF. The histogram disappears.

Then I open a 30min chart and start scrolling back, when new bars start appearing on history it seems that it triggers the indicator to work.
I have that problem when the market is closed, in my mt 5 it has bit coin which is 24/7 and it worked there. For some reason on mt5 the mtf needs ticks for it to work.

mrtools wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:50 am Started this thread for Heiken Ashi indicators.

Made this a 0 to 1 histogram and added mtf.
Hello! Did you do anything else to the mtf heikin ashi histogram?

I want to make an EA using the indicator but it seems you added some smoothing or filter because I am getting different results when using the source code that was provided for you to turn into MTF (the original histogram code by mladen).

Can you please share the source code for the mtf heikin ashi histogram, or tell me what you did to make the color changes less frequent?

For example, I added a MTF input to the histogram and I ran both on strategy tester, you can see that the one you did is not changing color as the one on the bottom did. Both were configured to display the daily on a 15M.

I actually prefer the performance of yours for my purposes, that is why I want to know what else you did.

Best regards

Complementing my post above, here is the indicator I coded.

I grabbed a smoothed heikin ashi formula and combined with the formula from mladen´s heikin ashi histogram, and added a timeframe input, like you did.

If you set the smoothing period to 1 then it´s just a regular heikin ashi.

If you replay this one and yours, you will see that if you load both on a 15M timeframe and select "daily" on indicator settings, the one you did will show less color changes intrabar, waaaaay less.

If you could tweak this code here and add to it whatever you did on the other one to make that happen, it would be great. Or just tell me.

Best regards

Rogue_Trader wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:16 am Complementing my post above, here is the indicator I coded.

I grabbed a smoothed heikin ashi formula and combined with the formula from mladen´s heikin ashi histogram, and added a timeframe input, like you did.

If you set the smoothing period to 1 then it´s just a regular heikin ashi.

If you replay this one and yours, you will see that if you load both on a 15M timeframe and select "daily" on indicator settings, the one you did will show less color changes intrabar, waaaaay less.

If you could tweak this code here and add to it whatever you did on the other one to make that happen, it would be great. Or just tell me.

Best regards

Smoothed_Heiken_ashi_histogram.mq5
On the 0 to 1 histogram I did like this one.

mrtools wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:23 am On the 0 to 1 histogram I did like this one.
Hello my friend. No, this is not what I explained nor asked. This will just change from polarized to non-polarized.

There is something else you did as you can see in the images, and you can see for yourself if you replay the indicator.

I am talking about the heikin ashi color changes that the histogram keeps track of. You can only see that live or replaying the indicator because when you load it on a chart it will obviously repaint (it will show the whole day a single color, the color that the bar closed).

If you check the screenshot I posted, you can see how the one you did kept red the whole time, while mine changed from red to blue back and forth.

That is what I want to reproduce. It would be easier if you just posted the code so I can narrow that down.

PS: I already changed to non-polarized and the result is the same, the color changes at the exact same spots as in the screenshot whereas yours keeps red the whole day.

Rogue_Trader wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:46 am Hello my friend. No, this is not what I explained nor asked. This will just change from polarized to non-polarized.

There is something else you did as you can see in the images, and you can see for yourself if you replay the indicator.

I am talking about the heikin ashi color changes that the histogram keeps track of. You can only see that live or replaying the indicator because when you load it on a chart it will obviously repaint (it will show the whole day a single color, the color that the bar closed).

If you check the screenshot I posted, you can see how the one you did kept red the whole time, while mine changed from red to blue back and forth.

That is what I want to reproduce. It would be easier if you just posted the code so I can narrow that down.

PS: I already changed to non-polarized and the result is the same, the color changes at the exact same spots as in the screenshot whereas yours keeps red the whole day.
This is what I get with the version i added mtf to alongside the original and just for grins the other version. So have no idea what the problem is.

ps) why not just use the one you did, if you don't like my version.
Attachments