Re: MT5 Heiken Ashi

@mrtools

Where did I say I did not like your version??? I don´t think you are reading what I am writing, it is not possible... I was very clear that I am trying recreate what you did and I can´t.

What I want is the code of the one you did, because I PREFER it. I can´t recreate it. You did something else other than just changing the way the histogram is displayed and adding MTF.

Look here this code, I did exactly what you did (allegedly), I added a MTF input and I changed the way the histogram is displayed, and yet the results are different.

The test is: replay the histogram you did, use 15M and choose daily in settings. Now replay this one here I posted, set smoothing period to 1 (regular heikin ashi) and choose daily, replay. Look how different it is, so many color changes.

Look at this image here, the one on the top is the one you did, and the one on the bottom is the one I did (which is supposed to be exactly what you did), and yet the results are not the same.

Look how many color changes on the bottom one, and yours it was steady. That is what I want because I am building an EA that relies on that.

I don´t know why you are so reluctant to post this code here, if you don´t wanna post it publicly, send me a PM, or check my code and see what is different (supposedly different) please. Look I am posting the code here, there is no secret sauce here or secret of the universe to keep hidden locked away...

Alberto Gauer Borrego seller on MQL5 aka Rogue_Trader / LogicGate / Gauer

mrtools wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:43 am This is what I get with the version i added mtf to alongside the original and just for grins the other version. So have no idea what the problem is.

ps) why not just use the one you did, if you don't like my version.
Now just to complement my post above:

You just loaded the indicators displaying the timeframe of the chart you loaded them in, that is not what I was describing. You have to replay the indicator, if you just load like that on the chart, it´s gonna repaint, it is not exactly what happened real time.

Look at the code and check what else you did. Did you add some kind of filter? Are you telling the indicator to interpolate other TF data? Something must be there, otherwise the results were gonna be exactly like mine.

Rogue_Trader wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:57 am Now just to complement my post above:

You just loaded the indicators displaying the timeframe of the chart you loaded them in, that is not what I was describing. You have to replay the indicator, if you just load like that on the chart, it´s gonna repaint, it is not exactly what happened real time.

Look at the code and check what else you did. Did you add some kind of filter? Are you telling the indicator to interpolate other TF data? Something must be there, otherwise the results were gonna be exactly like mine.
Far as I can tell your mtf is wrong on your version, looks like you are multi time framing everything except the final value. All I am doing is multi time framing the final value and the histogram color value. No filter and no interpolation needed for that type of histogram. Do not need to run it in the strategy tester to know how mtf works in testing.

mrtools wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:19 am Far as I can tell your mtf is wrong on your version, looks like you are multi time framing everything except the final value. All I am doing is multi time framing the final value and the histogram color value. No filter and no interpolation needed for that type of histogram. Do not need to run it in the strategy tester to know how mtf works in testing.
Dear Mr. Tools, thanks for your reply. However I still don´t get it. I am not an experienced coder, I am not even a coder I just self taught some basic stuff so I Can try code some stuff. This in itself was a Herculean task for me.

Can you please just tweak the MTF part of my code to be like yours then? Is that too much to ask? If you don´t wanna post the whole code, just post the part of the code that does what you described so I Can see the right way.

What do you want, money? I can send you money, just give me your paypal.

mrtools wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:19 am Far as I can tell your mtf is wrong on your version, looks like you are multi time framing everything except the final value. All I am doing is multi time framing the final value and the histogram color value. No filter and no interpolation needed for that type of histogram. Do not need to run it in the strategy tester to know how mtf works in testing.
Complementing my post above: I can´t figure out what do you mean by final value. What is the final value?

How do I multi timeframe this final value only?

I tried sending a PM to ask your paypal but I think your PM system is deactivated.

Rogue_Trader wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:10 am Complementing my post above: I can´t figure out what do you mean by final value. What is the final value?

How do I multi timeframe this final value only?

I tried sending a PM to ask your paypal but I think your PM system is deactivated.
Far as I know, you don't need the source to do an iCustom call in mt5. To answer your question the final value is what you see on your chart, that is the same value you call in an EA.

mrtools wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:05 am Far as I know, you don't need the source to do an iCustom call in mt5. To answer your question the final value is what you see on your chart, that is the same value you call in an EA.
I don´t want the EA looking into an external indicator, I Want the code all inside the EA code. I want to know how it´s done so I Can do it properly.

Now I am finding this ridiculous, why the cryptic replies? Why not explain how it´s done? Does it hurt too much? Is it too hard for you?

All I asked was a code example of how to do it, you could have just copied and pasted here if it´s something that can be done in any indicator, what is the big secret about it that you don´t wanna no one to know?

It is very funny that people here call you "big teacher" lol, what exactly do you teach? You teach nothing!

It seems like you are taking this to your grave, big teacher my ass...

Rogue_Trader wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:08 am I don´t want the EA looking into an external indicator, I Want the code all inside the EA code. I want to know how it´s done so I Can do it properly.

Now I am finding this ridiculous, why the cryptic replies? Why not explain how it´s done? Does it hurt too much? Is it too hard for you?

All I asked was a code example of how to do it, you could have just copied and pasted here if it´s something that can be done in any indicator, what is the big secret about it that you don´t wanna no one to know?

It is very funny that people here call you "big teacher" lol, what exactly do you teach? You teach nothing!

It seems like you are taking this to your grave, big teacher my ass...
:lol: Lol, sorry not my job to hold your hand and send you to places where the code is available for all to see for free. Wonder if you would ever show the code of your so-called EA once you are done with it, because you have shared nothing here but insults. :lol:

mrtools wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:39 am :lol: Lol, sorry not my job to hold your hand and send you to places where the code is available for all to see for free. Wonder if you would ever show the code of your so-called EA once you are done with it, because you have shared nothing here but insults. :lol:
Not your job? You are the moderator of this place, I thought this forum is where traders would help each other.

Apparently not.

And if as you say this code is somewhere to see for free, it just shows how you are an egotistical petty bastard if you can´t even post a link.

Rogue_Trader wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:42 am Not your job? You are the moderator of this place, I thought this forum is where traders would help each other.

Apparently not.

And if as you say this code is somewhere to see for free, it just shows how you are an egotistical petty bastard if you can´t even post a link.
Then go to mt5 forum and pay to get help, wow not getting thine handheld and resorts to name calling, like I said still waiting for you to share something besides insults. We like to have members contribute, not be like you and beg for help, over and over again and not contributing anything else.

ps) still waiting for your EA source :)
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Chickenspicy