Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

FourXXXX wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:41 am If you look back a couple of weeks I uploaded the full version of my indicator and you can set it to whatever ZZ depth you like.
Did you mean this indicator?

I tried some settings on it but still can't produce the result I want. This is the settings I tried:

ExtDepth=10 (or between 5 and 10)
ZigZagColor=None
ShowLastFiboExpansion=False
ShowNewFiboExpansio=False
ShowLines=True

The rest are default.

This produces correct result at first, but in other timeframe, especially when the white line is being merged into the orange line, it doesn't produce correct result:

I can increase the ExtDepth value to correct this chart, but then in other timeframe chart, the result will become incorrect.

matt.denx wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:30 pm Did you mean this indicator?

I tried some settings on it but still can't produce the result I want. This is the settings I tried:

ExtDepth=10 (or between 5 and 10)
ZigZagColor=None
ShowLastFiboExpansion=False
ShowNewFiboExpansio=False
ShowLines=True

The rest are default.

This produces correct result at first, but in other timeframe, especially when the white line is being merged into the orange line, it doesn't produce correct result:

I can increase the ExtDepth value to correct this chart, but then in other timeframe chart, the result will become incorrect.
If you are trying to get values for the white line try ExtDepth=63, if you give it a colour you will know what it is doing. ZigZagColor = ???
nil desperandum

FourXXXX wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:49 pm If you are trying to get values for the white line try ExtDepth=63, if you give it a colour you will know what it is doing. ZigZagColor = ???
Still doesn't look right:

Edit: looks like your indicator is based on its own ZZ line. If I set the zigzag color to yellow, this is the result:

This is not what I want. I want the fibo calculation is based on the XU's ZZ white line (in above chart, it's the white line from the big blue semaphore to big red semaphore).