Re: Trend Indicators for MT4

sproutseeds wrote:Sun May 10, 2020 12:18 pm @mrtools

When you say it is decompiled, doesnt that usually mean it is readable? I am a little confused by the statement. Thank you for giving it a look though!
In simple terms, coders with big heat (mladen, mrtools and others) release the original source code. The files ending with MQ4/MQ5 are source code. The compiled version is the files are the ones ending with EX4/EX5. The commercial indicators come only in the compiled version.

Now, some people reverse engineer the compiled indicator and get the source code. This act is not legitimate and considered stealing someone's work. OK, how to identify if the code is reverse engineered/decompiled...

Look at the code and you will see the variables defined like this;

double g_ibuf_156;
double g_ibuf_160;
double g_ibuf_164;
double g_ibuf_168;
double g_ibuf_172;
int gi_176 = 0;
int gi_180 = 0;
int g_time_184 = 0;

in FS, they have a strict policy of not touching any stolen code / decompiled code. Read more here: What is a Decompiled indicator?

Ah ok, does someone have a FOREX ENTRY POINT indicator that is still in tact? Might be a long shot. I am guessing I should be able to tell whether or not the one I have repaints by looking at the 1 minute chart come Sunday. Basically I really like the indicator and it performs well, I am just worried that it repaints :/

sproutseeds wrote:Sun May 10, 2020 1:09 pm Ah ok, does someone have a FOREX ENTRY POINT indicator that is still in tact? Might be a long shot. I am guessing I should be able to tell whether or not the one I have repaints by looking at the 1 minute chart come Sunday. Basically I really like the indicator and it performs well, I am just worried that it repaints :/
if you are serious about FX, then forget about all the fancy worded indicators like kuskus, forex entry etc etc.. Never trust an indicator with a cheesy name because they are nothing but junk.. nearly all of the repaint.

Just search the forum to find a thread called top 10 non-repainting indicators or something like that.. otherwise, there are so many indicators from mrtools, mladen are there that can give good signals..

sproutseeds wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:33 pm How would I turn something like this super smooth average trend indicator into a mq4 file I could load into mt4?

download/file.php?id=3346787
The source code (MQ4) isn't available for that one, I'm sorry.
Certain files are released only in EX4 to prevent code theft.

Here's a topic about stolen codes: Stolen indicators.

PS: Welcome to the site by the way :)
Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Ah ok :) No worries Jimmy! Thank you so much for admitting me. I have been doing very thorough backtesting using the kijun-sen as a baseline and the FOREX ENTRY POINT indicator i found to filter out longs/shorts but I am afraid it might be repainting on me :/

So I am now looking for a solid trend indicator to replace it and help me get similar results.

sproutseeds wrote:Sun May 10, 2020 4:28 pm Hi, so for this example here I am using super smooth average trend. Does it turn green on the candle where I am pointing in the picture? I am curious when the change actually comes.
It would have turned green and turned red whilst the candle was still open (during plotting). Once the candle had closed and the new candle appeared, that's it, it's color is locked in and will not repaint or change colors again in future :thumbup:

Please bear in mind that if you were using the indicator in MTF mode, it will obviously change colors on a more larger scale (depending on the higher timeframe chosen). To some, this appears to "repaint" but it's merely calculating it's plot based on the higher timeframe's price (candle) movement. Mrtools explains this better here: Do MTF (Multi Time Frame) indicators repaint?

Are you experiencing any issues with the colors changing? How are you finding it? :)
Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Thank you jimmy. No I am not experiencing any repainting. I was curious on the timing of the change :) Thank you dearly! I am getting into testing and have been manually back testing year after year that takes a really long time to be honest. Any guidance on using an expert advisor to test indicators in MT4? I am developing a system and would love to test them piece by piece and then together as a whole.

*This question might be a little out of place of the trend indicators channel. Let me know where I should move this question.*