IdeaRe: RSI Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:18 am RSI Baseline indicator with Divergences + 11 RSI types

Try this version now has 11 rsi types, Cuttler's RSI, Trend emphasized RSI, Ehlers' smoothed RSI, Harris' RSI, RSI Laguerre, Rapid RSI, RSI, RSX, RSX 2 (using depth and speed for the rsx), Slow RSI, and Rsi Wilder's DsEma. Hopefully it's close to the original version.
Thanking you Mrtoolz for recoding it I do find the previous version more advanced with Teamtrader's RSX setup posted by Jimmyboy still being the strongest for divergence hunting........ do you think features from the older code can somehow be fitted in too!? So that it can be most complete and including your new MTF.........
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post (total 3):
mrtools, RodrigoRT7, Jimmy
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

Re: RSI Indicators for MT4

moey_dw wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:28 pm Thanking you Mrtoolz for recoding it I do find the previous version more advanced with Teamtrader's RSX setup posted by Jimmyboy still being the strongest for divergence hunting........ do you think features from the older code can somehow be fitted in too!? So that it can be most complete and including your new MTF.........
RSI MA Divergence MT4 Teamtraders Settings.png
Don't know will try and figure out what I did.

moey_dw wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:28 pm Thanking you Mrtoolz for recoding it I do find the previous version more advanced with Teamtrader's RSX setup posted by Jimmyboy still being the strongest for divergence hunting........ do you think features from the older code can somehow be fitted in too!? So that it can be most complete and including your new MTF.........
RSI MA Divergence MT4 Teamtraders Settings.png
Looking at Teamtrader and Jimmy's posts looks like the divergence should have been plotted off of the thicker rsima line > overbought(ob) and < oversold(os), think I had it wrong from the start was plotting it on the signal (slimmer) line, anyway, please try this version. It will watch for divergence beyond ob/os but won't acknowledge it until the rsima gets into the ob/os area.

ps) If I understood wrong it's an easy fix changing it back.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 5):
RodrigoRT7, Jimmy, Krunal Gajjar, Akela, talaate

mrtools wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:43 am Looking at Teamtrader and Jimmy's posts looks like the divergence should have been plotted off of the thicker rsima line > overbought(ob) and < oversold(os), think I had it wrong from the start was plotting it on the signal (slimmer) line, anyway, please try this version. It will watch for divergence beyond ob/os but won't acknowledge it until the rsima gets into the ob/os area.

ps) If I understood wrong it's an easy fix changing it back.
Thanks for looking into it I side by side tested and its still very different when using identical settings.......... now I am thinking it is because the older one had option called volatility bands perhaps........ below is screenshot of the older indicator's settings and original mql4 source code from Teamtrader & Jim is here hope it will help us out??

These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post (total 2):
mrtools, Jimmy

moey_dw wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:03 pm Thanks for looking into it I side by side tested and its still very different when using identical settings.......... now I am thinking it is because the older one had option called volatility bands perhaps........ below is screenshot of the older indicator's settings and original mql4 source code from Teamtrader & Jim is here hope it will help us out??

Different-options.jpg
Try now.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 6):
vvFish, ixion700, Jimmy, moey_dw, Akela, thomdel

ixion700 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:01 am Hello @mrtools. When I change signal period and signal smoothing type nothing changes.
This indicator is a little different, took me too long to rehash about it. Anyway, what you are actually seeing is the rsi ma (the thin lines) and the TDI like baseline (the thick lines). The signal line is used only when you want to use on the rsi ma crossing the signal, the signal should be different depending on the ma and period you choose., so did you change color mode to color on signal cross.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
ixion700, Jimmy

mrtools wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:40 am Try now.
It's fixed you have done it!! They are now 100% identical results apart from the big dots, size 8 lines & rsi thin line appearing in front of the thick rsi lines.......
I never really knew what the big dots on the old version did........ do you know what they represent within the code??

Final polish up request can we please include these missing features of:
  • The big size 11 dots
  • The thin RSI line to appear above the thick RSI baseline (like old version)
  • Size 8 lines for the thick RSI baseline
Mrtools do not lose the source code of this one its a huge job you have undertaken over the last few days I would cry if we have to start agains!!! Heehehe

These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post (total 3):
mrtools, AteszBatesz, Jimmy

mrtools wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:22 am This indicator is a little different, took me too long to rehash about it. Anyway, what you are actually seeing is the rsi ma (the thin lines) and the TDI like baseline (the thick lines). The signal line is used only when you want to use on the rsi ma crossing the signal, the signal should be different depending on the ma and period you choose., so did you change color mode to color on signal cross.
Could you add an alert when Rsi ma changes color please? many thanks.
These users thanked the author ixion700 for the post:
mrtools
Think out of the box!

CodeRe: RSI Indicators for MT4

ixion700 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:26 pm Could you add an alert when Rsi ma changes color please? many thanks.
RSI Baseline indicator with Conditional Divergences + 11 RSI types & Alerts

Alerts added.

To recap, this indicator displays conditional divergences which means they are only visible on this indicator if:
  • If RSI MA is outside 80 Overbought, Bearish Divergence signal will appear (to forecast a reversal to the downside)
  • If RSI MA is outside 20 Oversold, Bullish Divergence signal will appear (to forecast a reversal to the upside)
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 16):
ixion700, ionone, Akela, ParallelNative, josi, Jimmy, alexm, talaate, BeatlemaniaSA, Abdi, Skyold, Mickey Abi, Ricstar_8, RodrigoRT7, JCCTREND, scdihan