Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

mrtools wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:40 am Hello,

Check here renaming issue.
Hello dear @mrtools. I have an idea for a volume indicator and i hope it can catch your interest. I think the only thing important in this indicator is the difference between bullish and bearish volume which is displayed as a yellow bar for each candle. Is it possible to change this indicator so that we can see an average of those yellow bars for a selectable period? If one wants to see the original version they can set the period to 1, but i feel seeing the average in a 5 or 14 period can show whether bulls or bears are ruling and help us with better exits/entries. I'm also aware that this code has a "divided by by zero" issue. Anyway, i would love to know what you think about the whole idea. Many thanks for your time and kindness in forward.
These users thanked the author ixion700 for the post (total 2):
ParallelNative, SijjiN
Think out of the box!

ixion700 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:51 pm Hello dear @mrtools. I have an idea for a volume indicator and i hope it can catch your interest. I think the only thing important in this indicator is the difference between bullish and bearish volume which is displayed as a yellow bar for each candle. Is it possible to change this indicator so that we can see an average of those yellow bars for a selectable period? If one wants to see the original version they can set the period to 1, but i feel seeing the average in a 5 or 14 period can show whether bulls or bears are ruling and help us with better exits/entries. I'm also aware that this code has a "divided by by zero" issue. Anyway, i would love to know what you think about the whole idea. Many thanks for your time and kindness in forward.
Maybe something like this ?
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
ixion700

ixion700 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:54 am Yes exactly! Don't know what is the formula of that one but its using price in calculation which WAT buy-sell doesn't. I think an average of difference between buy and sell volumes without concluding the price and its fluctuations may even work better to detect the interest of market. what do you think?
This is the source of the version I linked you too before I added the averages and prices. Sorry not understanding what you are looking for.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
SijjiN