Re: Convert MT4 indicators to MT5

One potential problem is that MQL5 doesn't seem to support Wingdings via OBJ_LABEL, but only via OBJ_ARROW. :think:
“[A]s we know, there are known knowns—there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns—that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”—Donald Rumsfeld, 2002

Will someone please post a chart pic of the GG-TrendBar.mq4 indicator? (I don't have an MT4 platform.)
“[A]s we know, there are known knowns—there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns—that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know.”—Donald Rumsfeld, 2002

TransparentTrader wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:47 am The Hodrick Prescott MA indicator in the subwindow - what settings does it have? And does it repaint?

Looks like an awesome double confirmation of any extreme overbought/oversold zone breaches by the augmented/ultimate RSI!
Using default settings from here . Careful with it though far as I know it repaints.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
TransparentTrader, galaxy

TransparentTrader wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:47 am The Hodrick Prescott MA indicator in the subwindow - what settings does it have? And does it repaint?

Looks like an awesome double confirmation of any extreme overbought/oversold zone breaches by the augmented/ultimate RSI!
Forget not the watson estimator recently published also works well
Yeshua is coming back soon
Only the truth can make free

Watch out for the poison thoughts

JohnnyRy wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:12 am I had a go at it but I can't seem to get it fully operating. My code compiled without errors but shows a small jumbled up yellow mess in the upper left corner of the chart. The BROKEN source code is attached in case you want to try and build off it--instead of me trashing it and staying silent.

GG-TrendBar_BROKEN.mq5
Thank you. Really appreciate this. Too bad I am poor in coding.

Sutatong wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:56 pm Thank you. Really appreciate this. Too bad I am poor in coding.
You're welcome. I resumed work on it... Trying to replace the Wingdings with something else and recoding the multiple loops properly.

Sutatong wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:56 pm ...coding.
The GG_TrendBar indicator below is mostly coded anew. For the first time ever, I received a loading warning while working on it from MT5... "Your code is too long. Please consider shortening." Ironically, I subsequently replaced several loops with longer form lines of code and that warning disappeared.

Note that I used a machine with a widescreen monitor to code this, so the object spacing of the original MT4 file was off. I suspect that the objects may appear rather far apart on standard monitors, so I made notes (//comments) within the OnInit function... You can manipulate the hard numbers in the source code if necessary or I can create some Int inputs if necessary.

I completed it just as the market closed (as usual :roll: ), I did see a couple blocks turn Lime due to a lingering tick that arrived. Other than that it has not been tested. As for the colored blocks themselves, I inserted a Windows symbol (the actual symbol--not its code) in place of the original Wingding.

Please test and post back.
These users thanked the author JohnnyRy for the post:
Sutatong