[Profiler] The Power of EMA 200

Here is a little toy for you guys.

the strategy is simple, using a simple EMA 200 :
when ma[0] < ma[1] = BUY
when ma[0] > ma[1] = SELL

so it's some kind of contrarian strategy, where we buy when MA goes DOWN and we sell when MA goes UP

as you can test yourself it's profitable on every pair except AUDNZD and GBPCAD !
and some pairs have a very high return (with 2K pips sometimes of 2 years = 10K bars)

MA200 is powerful! Of course this is not a strategy on its own, but it can be a base for your strategy

also drawdown is very high on some pairs, so this is to consider

Jeff
These users thanked the author ionone for the post (total 4):
global, Arcanyx, galaxy, charli

Re: [Profiler] The Power of EMA 200

ionone wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:06 pm Here is a little toy for you guys.

the strategy is simple, using a simple EMA 200 :
when ma[0] < ma[1] = BUY
when ma[0] > ma[1] = SELL

so it's some kind of contrarian strategy, where we buy when MA goes DOWN and we sell when MA goes UP

as you can test yourself it's profitable on every pair except AUDNZD and GBPCAD !
and some pairs have a very high return (with 2K pips sometimes of 2 years = 10K bars)

MA200 is powerful! Of course this is not a strategy on its own, but it can be a base for your strategy

also drawdown is very high on some pairs, so this is to consider

Jeff
Is there an mq4 version of this indicator?
These users thanked the author global for the post:
charli

charli wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:35 am Incredible how ema 200 is powerful, wrapping my head a lot about it , eventually price will hit it, and I think 2 scenarios from there, giving full fuel, or rejecting hard in my opinion, one needs a good mm, also Jeff, I would consider ema 20/50/100 before the price reach ema 200...
I think you mostly need an exit strategy (an exit in loss)
because the contrarian nature of the strategy means that it will be buying in a bearish trend until price revert. but that's also how it can make so much money. The problem is the drawdown the strategy brings
These users thanked the author ionone for the post:
charli

charli wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:35 am Incredible how ema 200 is powerful, wrapping my head a lot about it , eventually price will hit it, and I think 2 scenarios from there, giving full fuel, or rejecting hard in my opinion, one needs a good mm, also Jeff, I would consider ema 20/50/100 before the price reach ema 200...
if you could write specific rules I can create a new Profiler from your strat

ionone wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:55 pm if you could write specific rules I can create a new Profiler from your strat
The thing is I am involving a lot of subjective thinking when executing the trade,searching from couple of tmpls but one of the experiments can be, we wait for ma 20/50/100 to cut ma200 ,then from there we wait for first entry price to reach ema20( and price distance from ma 200 need to be big(maybe can be adjusted in pips) got rejected from ema 20 (first arrow for reach ema 200) rejected from ema 50 ,second arrow for reach ema 200,if rejected from ema 100 third arrow for reach ema 200...
If not too complicated t , maybe this can be a powerful indicator as the price eventually will reach ema 200 ..
Attachments
Make your own rules and stick to it.
post1295534498.html#p1295534498 post1295534500.html#p1295534500

Also, when rejected by emas , the distance from ema 200 and the price should be adjustable in pips, so one can play with optimal settings with different pairs....

I am watching back in history and when I see a zone where the price was hovering around some lvl, and some of the emas were not tested/rejected, this can be good info for the trader to test those emas(I hope I am not getting confusion)-----but this is the thing when I said subjective ....
Make your own rules and stick to it.
post1295534498.html#p1295534498 post1295534500.html#p1295534500