Re: $100 Up Down V6 indicator

SijjiN wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:18 pm ... just can't be without saying something here.
If the this simple example can't convince you of how much it repaints, and how bad your losses can be, then, I really feel sorry for you guys!
It would be good if commercials were required to submit 'products' prior to being allowed to post/sell them here.
Im sure some of the members would help with this including myself, but I can think of a few others as well.
Im sure some have purchased this crap already. Lets not host scams here!
These users thanked the author Tradehunter for the post:
SijjiN

SijjiN wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:18 pm ... just can't be without saying something here.

If the this simple example can't convince you of how much it repaints, and how bad your losses can be, then, I really feel sorry for you guys!

Would it be possible to upload a more high-quality version of this GIF?

It's difficult to distinguish if the change in appearance is (a) due to repainting, or (b) due to the second signal having such a high numerical value to the point where it dwarfs the numerical value of the first signal.
These users thanked the author TransparentTrader for the post:
SijjiN

TransparentTrader wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:36 pm Would it be possible to upload a more high-quality version of this GIF?

It's difficult to distinguish if the change in appearance is (a) due to repainting, or (b) due to the second signal having such a high numerical value to the point where it dwarfs the numerical value of the first signal.
Hi Buddy,

Hope you can understand better on this resolution.
Attachments
These users thanked the author SijjiN for the post:
TransparentTrader

TransparentTrader wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:36 pm Would it be possible to upload a more high-quality version of this GIF?

...and once again, now on a sell example.
Hope you can understand the damage to your trading account, on how much it can go against you.

( almost 100% sure more than your account could hold without blowing up )
Attachments
These users thanked the author SijjiN for the post:
TransparentTrader

SijjiN wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:57 pm Hi Buddy,

Hope you can understand better on this resolution.
Thanks for doing this so quickly, SijjiN.

Here's my breakdown of what I'm seeing on the GIF image you posted. If anybody else can chime in with their observations it would be very helpful to myself and the other community members:
  • The first visible signal has the indicator subwindow's y-axis maximum at ~0.12
  • The second visible signal shifts the y-axis maximum to ~0.445
  • The third visible signal shifts the y-axis maximum to ~63.86
  • The fourth visible signal shifts the y-axis maximum to ~465.6
What's effectively happening is the indicator's numerical values shift to such a high magnitude, and so rapidly, that it appears to either "erase" or minimize past signals.

And if the past signals are small enough, even the shape of the indicator in past data will appear to change because the numerical values themselves are so insignificant compared to the current numerical value of the indicator
SijjiN wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:09 pm ...and once again, now on a sell example.
Hope you can understand the damage to your trading account, on how much it can go against you.

( almost 100% sure more than your account could hold without blowing up )
I'll go through the same process for the sell signal example you posted:
  • The first visible signal has the indicator subwindow's y-axis maximum at ~5.13
  • The second visible signal shifts the y-axis maximum to ~63(?), then ~1257?,and then a whopping ~9164.3 in the blink of an eye
  • The third visible signal keeps the y-axis maximum at ~9164.3, likely because the first visible signal is still within the past data on the current chart window, yet is large enough to make its own smaller peak (which I estimate is 1/10th the size of the second visible signal)
  • The fourth visible signal (the second large peak most recently formed) keeps the y-axis maximum to ~9164.3
I suspect the malfunctions we're seeing are not a function of repainting, but of how the indicator is designed.

It can only show us what's currently on the chart, and shifting the data to the left (past) or right (future) changes what the indicator's maximum numerical value is for whatever can be seen on the chart. That's why it keeps changing in real-time and appears to be repainting.

My suggestions to improve indicator usability/readability and solve this repainting debate once-and-for-all would be the following:

1) Modify the indicator settings so you can change the value of the yellow moving average. That way, fewer blue/red histogram bars pierce through it, strengthening the value of the signal.

2) Dramatically increase the minimum/maximum values of the indicator subwindow's y-axis so ONLY the good signals are visible. Where exactly that is will require some experimentation and backtesting. In particular, something needs to be done about the negative y-axis values because it interferes with one's ability to read the indicator properly. I think you can do this for any indicator but someone more well-versed than me in MT4 will have to confirm this.

Let me know if any of this is helpful. I look forward to hearing what other members have to say.

PS - by the way, guner, you still haven't shared a link to the TradingView version of your indicator or informed members here how they can get their hands on it for purchase and/or a limited-time trial.
These users thanked the author TransparentTrader for the post:
SijjiN

If it can just print a signal higher and higher to infinity, it always catches the turn, as the last signal will always be the highest.
It is just another way to scam, its clearly worthless.
If the indicator was bound it would be obvious garbage.
I looked thru his other posts, he just pimps this trash, nothing else.
He should be banned. Im sure he's suckered a number of ppl already.
There are posts of ppl asking for refunds after an hour of owning it :Rofl:
These users thanked the author Tradehunter for the post (total 2):
SijjiN, galaxy