Re: Volume Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:49 am Hello.

Just to let you know have been working on it, have a bug in the mtf that am having trouble locating will post a version once I am able to fix it.
No no MrTools, all good. Take the time you need.
I'm greatfull for all of your work. Thank you very much!

Happy holidays and may the next year and years be full of health, peace and joy!
These users thanked the author Abdi for the post (total 2):
RodrigoRT7, mrtools

Hello dear @kvak. I have an idea for a volume based indicator and i hope you see into it if you find it interesting. As we know on original Chaikin oscillator's formula a 10 day exponential Ma is subtracted from a 3 day ema of accumulation-distribution line. Is it possible to change the indicator so that better smoothing types can be used in its formula instead of EMA and have mtf? In addition to that, the original Chaikin's idea was of a line crossing zero, but i think a smoothable signal line cross and a color change on slope can also help alot. Happy new year and holidays and many thanks to you in forward.
These users thanked the author ixion700 for the post:
RodrigoRT7
Think out of the box!

ixion700 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:45 pm Hello dear @kvak. I have an idea for a volume based indicator and i hope you see into it if you find it interesting. As we know on original Chaikin oscillator's formula a 10 day exponential Ma is subtracted from a 3 day ema of accumulation-distribution line. Is it possible to change the indicator so that better smoothing types can be used in its formula instead of EMA and have mtf? In addition to that, the original Chaikin's idea was of a line crossing zero, but i think a smoothable signal line cross and a color change on slope can also help alot. Happy new year and holidays and many thanks to you in forward.
Hello.
I rewrite indicator, here is updated version with mtf, alerts, arrows and averages pack.
Also have 3 state for coloring, on slope, zero level cross and signal cross.

EDIT : Download new version from this POST
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 5):
RodrigoRT7, Krunal Gajjar, ixion700, ParallelNative, Skyold

kvak wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:30 am Hello.
I rewrite indicator, here is updated version with mtf, alerts, arrows and averages pack.
Also have 3 state for coloring, on slope, zero level cross and signal cross.
Thank you so much! In my eyes this is very nice and far better than the original indicator but still there is a issue that it is too noisy. So i think we need a 2 step noise reduction, meaning in addition to the calculation mode which improves the formula from inside we need an extra smoothing on the outcome of the formula too. The "smoothing period(1= no smoothing)" option is in fact showing the signal line period so i suggest to change it to "signal period" to avoid the confusion and add a "main line smoothing" option which is applied to the outcome value of the formula. I don't know if such a 2 step smoothing(from inside and outside of the formula) has ever been done in any indicator before, but i think it will work. Best regards and many thanks.
Think out of the box!

ixion700 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:12 pm Thank you so much! In my eyes this is very nice and far better than the original indicator but still there is a issue that it is too noisy. So i think we need a 2 step noise reduction, meaning in addition to the calculation mode which improves the formula from inside we need an extra smoothing on the outcome of the formula too. The "smoothing period(1= no smoothing)" option is in fact showing the signal line period so i suggest to change it to "signal period" to avoid the confusion and add a "main line smoothing" option which is applied to the outcome value of the formula. I don't know if such a 2 step smoothing(from inside and outside of the formula) has ever been done in any indicator before, but i think it will work. Best regards and many thanks.
I made some change in calculation, test this version, smoothing version ( upper subwindow ) add some lag to it.

Edit: redownload indicator, old version have bug in refresh in chart.
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 2):
ixion700, RodrigoRT7

kvak wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:35 pm I made some change in calculation, test this version, smoothing version ( upper subwindow ) add some lag to it.
This is excellent now! The only issue that i just realized is that it doesn't refresh and i have to double click then press ok every few candles to make it refresh. If out of kindness, you also add a btn to this lady i'm gonna marry her and live with her for the rest of my life!
Think out of the box!