Re: Beatle's Trend Trading System

RollerAndTrading wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:37 am Is posible use Soft4FX but need remove ATS 5 from indicators because don´t work with offline charts, all another indicators work well on simulator, i´m started with NAS100, following 4 hours, 1 Hour and 5 Minutes.

It is nice mark scissors / S/R line indicator with another draw line, and you will see the repaint, in trust, is the same, where have a scissors will change to S/R line and the inverse is valid if market change of side.

Thanks, this is really great that we could test on Soft4Fx instead of demo account. It is a great tool.
Many times it is necessary not doing asumptions and try it. My mistake.

It will be very useful to advance among all of us and define a better strategy to start operations. Specially to study false signals and confluences with other time frames.

By the way, how do you put SL in M5. Maybe it is easier to have wicks under the Zee signal?
These users thanked the author Karl2007 for the post (total 2):
numega, RollerAndTrading

RollerAndTrading wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:37 am I

.................., where have a scissors will change to S/R line and the inverse is valid if market change of side.
Good information, I didn't know well why sometimes appeared a scissors and other times a line.
How the indicator considers a market change? Is it something similar to Choch and BOS in Smart Money?
These users thanked the author Karl2007 for the post:
RollerAndTrading

Karl2007 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:00 am Thanks, this is really great that we could test on Soft4Fx instead of demo account. It is a great tool.
Many times it is necessary not doing asumptions and try it. My mistake.

It will be very useful to advance among all of us and define a better strategy to start operations. Specially to study false signals and confluences with other time frames.

By the way, how do you put SL in M5. Maybe it is easier to have wicks under the Zee signal?
I´m working without SL / TP, just cutting loss if i feel market going against me. but my SL is every on the last HI or LOW before .

I really don´t know what is the parameter, because sometimes change on the same candle, maybe Beetlemania can confirm this information, but to me, is the same, LINE / SCISSOR is the same indicator, when market going UP, so you will see Support BLUE LINE Below price, and scissors above, and when change/recalculate, normally is the last one. The inverse is valid, if market change to DOWN, so last scissor will change to RED LINE and the new one following the price will be a Scissor.

Karl2007 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:25 am No and I do not think that I will do, but I suggest to people that would like to operate in this time frame to do it. It is a good exercise to get used to the system.

After using the system several days my main concern now is how to avoid false signals. Then, it is necessary to take something else in consideration, not only the Zee signals and sub-indicators alignment in the ETF.

I am starting to check confluences with upper time frame. I am using M30 and H4. I would like to check if using signals confluence between M30 and H4 give better operations. I will share if I got any breakthrough.
M30 is a good ETF. I have 12 symbols and it is easy to detect several operations just in the morning, even looking at confluence with H4.
I suppose that lower time frames than M30 will suffer much more false signals. So, for me M30 is a good balance and for the moment I will not test them.

This is my assumption, but it is woth a try if anyone would like to operate just one commodity in M5 doing short trades. For it, backtesting and demo accounts exist to disspate these doubts.

“If you want different results, do not do the same things.”
— Albert Einstein —
Hey Karl, thanks for your work for the community. In my experience the HTF provide the most "safe" entries, you still have to avoid some risks, like for example an entry for a long position given to you near a resistance or a short one near a support, but in general it is the safer one. What I have found to be most successful though by trading lower timeframes is finding an entry on the 5 min, this entry normally coincides with a higher TF view (given that we are using htf resistance/support for looking where to enter), if the trade is going well I can go up 1 TF and see if there would be an entry, if it does I stay in my position, and can even de risk it early if I got a good enough position that I believe won't be taken by a pullback.

The other good use for 5 min tf I have found is pullbacks, when in strong trends on higher tf sometimes it is kinda hard to find a good re entry point visually, lower time frames help a little bit with that one.

Just my little grain of sand based on my experience, wanna take advantage of the post by thanking Beatle for his wonderful system, green pips for everyone
These users thanked the author roanfox for the post:
RollerAndTrading

stond wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:35 am Regards
stond
Here are the RSI files I use for primary support to the Elliott signal, the Chaos or the XARD 2nd dot.
These users thanked the author traderduke for the post:
stond

Hey Karl, thanks for your work for the community. In my experience the HTF provide the most "safe" entries, you still have to avoid some risks, like for example an entry for a long position given to you near a resistance or a short one near a support, but in general it is the safer one. What I have found to be most successful though by trading lower timeframes is finding an entry on the 5 min, this entry normally coincides with a higher TF view (given that we are using htf resistance/support for looking where to enter), if the trade is going well I can go up 1 TF and see if there would be an entry, if it does I stay in my position, and can even de risk it early if I got a good enough position that I believe won't be taken by a pullback.

The other good use for 5 min tf I have found is pullbacks, when in strong trends on higher tf sometimes it is kinda hard to find a good re entry point visually, lower time frames help a little bit with that one.

Just my little grain of sand based on my experience, wanna take advantage of the post by thanking Beatle for his wonderful system, green pips for everyone
[/quote]

I agree, I am testing the alignment of M30 and H4 signals. If the sub-indicators in H4 are in the opposite direction, there is a strong trend that will ruin the trade.
It would be worth to check if there is a strong contrary trend in H1 and H4 and avoid any operation.

In the backtesting, I also appreciated that if we get the starting point of a trend in H4, it will get many succesful operations in H30. For it, I have some indicators to see overbuy or oversell situations on a price support/ resistance or trendline. Divergences in RSI or Macd could also help also to detect possible change of direction.
Sometimes I use Fibo to see the level of retracement.
I would like to learn more of Market volume to see if I can use it as and extra confluence but at this moment I am learning how to do it. I know the signals given by Volume profile, but Market profile is different.

I check also lower time frames (in my case M15) to see if an entry signal is well consolidated in it or on the contrary, if there is a consolidated opposite signal and then is time to close the operation.
These users thanked the author Karl2007 for the post:
roanfox